Local Blynk Server Tutorial

Hi
I have installed local Blynk server on windows pc but really need a more detailed tutorial that explains how to setup more advanced functions i.e.

• creation of SSL keys and configuration
    and all the other advanced details.
    I have read the basic pages on Blynk website but would REALLY find a step by step TUTORIAL of incredible help.
    Anyone done or thinking of dong a quick YOUTUBE video of advanced setup ?

Kind regards

2 Likes

have you also checked this: http://docs.blynk.cc/#blynk-server ?

hi - thanks for quick reply.
yes i have read this in detail.
its a fine introduction and I can get the server going locally, however i’m after more details step-by-step example/tutorial on setting up more advanced features such as SSL, mail (specifically SSL so i can ensure local server is well protected).
e.g. questions i have include:

1. how do i create an account structure so a username and password needs to be entered to access local blynk admin server
  2. how do I request password reset from admin server
  3. how do i configure server/gateway so i can access admin page on my local blank server securely from outside my firewall/gateway (i.e. from wider internet)

hoping you can help as I believe this sort of information/tutorial would benefit the community as a whole.

1 Like

i second this request. The documentation gets you started but i have the same questions. i was never able to get the admin page to work, for example, and i too would like detailed steps for ssl. i have not been successful in implementing password reset on local server either.

I’m thirding this request. If someone can do a writeup/video of the server installation process that actually goes through the suggestive things on the install guide (as everyone above me has written- admin page config, opening up ports, configuring SSL- with a free certificate?, and finally actually connecting to the server), that would be amazeballs.

@Dmitriy - we should do a write up

3 Likes

I agree, but all this is not simple at all. Generating free certs is a quest for few hours at least.

hi Dmitriy - agree with you , not simple at all, thats indeed why we are asking for better docs or a simple set collection of youtube videos where someone is actually going through the steps of setting a local server up from scatch on a private network and going through all the advanced config steps.

I could see a number of very short youtube videos that show each configurations of advanced feature as a separate video. Someone who has these skills I feel should be able to do this quite easily - would you agree ? [would be extremely valuable for many people ;-)]

1 Like

SSL is certainly not something to be taken up lightly. Security for IoT application is a severe area of expertise and requires some dedication. Also making good videotutorials is not really trivial. It requires knowledge and a lot of time. Also some investments in equipment are needed for this. It’s not that easy :slight_smile:

@Pavel let’s get some method of giving energy (bounties!) to people who take the time to do these sort of write-ups/tutorials going. I would certainly give money/energy.

Like a hedge fund? :smile:
We’ll think what we can do. We already propose free energy for active Blynkers.

You know it. And I’m still waiting for that energy to rolllll in. :sunglasses:

I’ve found something fresh:

1 Like

hi there
not all steps in video working well as when I want to paste ssl commands it goes wrong
so please if you can show how to create local server in details.

2 Likes

yes i am also for a tutorial or a step by step example

thanks

I second that there will be a good video tutorial section for creating a local server :slight_smile:

I made that tutorial https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJNzjH-bYsA almost a year back. I guess, the process has not changed by much and it still can be followed.

Hi All,
If you are interested putting a TLS front end (SSL) onto Blynk, this will be the same with all servers, eg Apache, Nginx, IIS.
You setup a NAT Firewall with reverse proxy to backend servers using pFsense.
Use the ACMECert to get free SSL certificates from Letsencrypt.

This is the most secure, simple (web interface) method to implement SSL websites for Home users. Don’t underestimate the security though this is a robust and strong setup.

dosnt work
my problem is with
openssl genrsa -out server_embedded.key 2048
it mean the openssl command dosnt work. it mean not found or false.

You should have openssl added to environment variables, else you will get this error. I have mentioned this in one of the comments there. here is a link for that fix https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INFZyVKIO90&t=0s