Link generated by "clone project" not working

hello!

i had some cloned blynk projects. while cloning, in email there is a link and qr code. if i use the qr code, it imports the project correctly.

but if i tap on the link in the email, it just opens the blynk app, and does nothing. it doesn’t matter if i’m logged in or not.

• i have logged out / in
  • closed app
  • cleared cache
  • restarted phone
  • restarted app

the links still not load the project, only opens the app.
this way it is impossible to import project if i do not have access to another device to scan qr code :frowning:

tested on galaxy s5, android 6, cloud and local server, app version 2.15.0.

If you don’t mind… you PM the link and I can try to load it here?

ok, just a minute

no secret, these are not projects for nasa :slight_smile:

http://tinyurl.com/y8jogfwt

http://tinyurl.com/yb8pypre

these are not working for me.

I concur… opens up Blynk App, but nothing more. Sounds like something got lost in translation with the tinyurl.

if this is the cause, i’d rather be happy with a longer link which is working, than with a short non-working one :wink:

1 Like

@BlynkAndroidDev, could you please look into this?

You might want to give them time to get around to it… it is the weekend and the developers might be out for their two hours of supervised exercise :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

yeah, you’re right!
i completely forgot about weekend… as i work every single day since the last 2 months :frowning:

by the way, wtf is weekend???

That is a special time of the week wherein our hopes and dreams get smashed by the reality of the forthcoming Monday.

Or in my current case… just another day for me to wonder “what day is it today anyhow?” :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

unfortunately, it is the exactly same for me…

Hi,

It seems that tinyurl started to encode the urls we pass to it, so I’ll add decoding in the next release. We planned to release it on the previous week, but we still have not tested it fully, so it will be available this week, probably.

1 Like

thanks for the nice product, guys! and sorry if sometimes i’m impatient :wink:

1 Like

It’s great that you are writing about such issues, as there are a lot of Android devices, and it is too hard to make a good test on supported Android versions (4.0.3 - 8.0) in our small team.

Clone functionality should be fixed in new 2.15.1 release.

hello alex!
i know, i promised to make some debug logs, but i was very busy in last weeks, i didn’t had much time. sorry for that!

i will try to test the new version and report back!

1 Like

@BlynkAndroidDev, clone links are working, tested on 3 phones.
the wifi issue i still didn’t tested yet.

There were several fixes with connection/reconnection issue due to very strange reports and logs from them, so I guess your issue should be also fixed. But I’ll wait for your check of it.