Last value from Thingspeak`s field visible in Blynk app

Is it possible to see last Thingspeak value via Webhook widget in Blynk ?
I tried different combination but without good result. I know how to send data to Thingspeak but I can`t receive value from this portal.

As per those lonely unread documents :wink: it looks like webhook is for sending data or triggering actions… so the answer is probably a no… I guess.

http://docs.blynk.cc/#widgets-other-webhook

With Webhook widget you can send HTTP(S) requests to any 3rd party service or device that has HTTP(S) API

I read this description many times, but I still has some doubts. At the end is written something like this “For example, to get current weather from a 3rd party Weather service…” so I thing that is possible to receive data from 3rd part service like Thingspeak

@Chris1982 you can add Valued Display to the pin V1 and add webhook to the same V1 pin, so when your hardware sends something you’ll get values both in Thingspeak and Blynk app.

If your case is vice-versa, you need to either send values to Blynk app via WebHook from the Thingspeaks (if they have webhook). Or you can add the webhook that will send GET request to Thingspeak return response back to your hardware and from hardware you may send it back to the app.

So flow is next:

1. Add webhook to V1 with HTTP request that takes last value from thingspeak;
  2. Hardware should trigger the webhook with Blynk.virtualWrite(V1, "any value");
  3. WebHook will return response (if any) to the V1 within the hardware;
  4. On the hardware you need to have BLYNK_WRITE(V1) handler where you accept the response from webhook; (Also have in minds that there are limitations on the response size for the webhook);
  5. Now, in BLYNK_WRITE(V1)` you have the requested from Thingspeak value and you can send to the Blynk app if necessary;
1 Like

Thank you, I will try to implement such functionality and I will share with code if it works.
I made some home automation app and I want to create some dashboard on tablet and see some mixed values, one from my sensors connected to my hardware and other from Thingspeak (like wind speed, or temperature in different country).

Yes, sorry, I should have been clearer when I said…

Which really comes down to asking over on Thingspeak a question like… “How can I repeat incoming data to another source?” or as as @Dmitriy pointed out, use their form of webhook.

I am new to using any 3rd party IoT stuff (outside of Blynk) so looking forward to learning from whatever you find out.

Thank you @Dmitriy for you help, I’ve done it :slight_smile:
I would like to share with other users how to receive Thingspeak data in Blynk app.

• You must add Webhook widget in Blynk, I use following settings:
    PIN: V11
    URL: http://api.thingspeak.com/channels/123456/fields/1/last.txt?api_key=READ_API_KEY
    (123456 - this is channel number in TS, 1 - field number in TS, READ_API_KEY - this is read api key from TS)
    Method: GET
    Content type: application/json

• You must add Value Display/Labeled Value/SuperChart widget, in my sample I used Virtual Pin V12

• On my NodeMcu board I use this sketch:

#define BLYNK_PRINT Serial

#include <ESP8266WiFi.h>
#include <BlynkSimpleEsp8266.h>

char auth = “xxxxxxxxxxxxxx”;

BlynkTimer timer;

char ssid = “xxxxxxxx”;
char pass = “xxxxxxxxx”;

BLYNK_WRITE(V11){
float webhookdata1 = param.asFloat();
Serial.println(webhookdata1);
Blynk.virtualWrite(V12, webhookdata1);
}

void sendvalue1()
{
Blynk.virtualWrite(V11, 1);
}

void setup()
{
Serial.begin(9600);
Blynk.begin(auth, ssid, pass);
timer.setInterval(60000L, sendvalue1);

}

void loop()
{
Blynk.run();
timer.run();
}

Everything works perfect, now I could create Dashboard on my tablet with additional datas from ThingSpeak
Blynk is great :slight_smile: once again thank you for help.

1 Like