Java error on remote server startup

Dmitriy,

I have installed Java 8, created server.properties and mail.properties. The first issue I seem to be having is when I start the server. It does indeed start, but throws an error and fills my blynk.log…

Ant thoughts?

regards,
Corey

That’s expected. You may ignore this message as this is for DEBUG level logging only. This error tells that Blynk server couldn’t find native transport for your specific hardware (just for better performance).

Anyway I fixed it already. Will be available in next server version.

1 Like

Dmitriy,

Thanks! So I am going to continue on with determining why I can get the server to send me an AUTH token via email, connect with my iOS app, see live data updating, but am unable to export my history/super graph data as a CSV file. Is there a particular level of debug I should have on to make deciphering the issue any easier?

I am using the default server.properties file from GitHub and only modified the:
admin email and password entry
net interface from eth to wlan
http.port from 8080 to 8081

regards,
Corey

Trace level are best for catching errors. However, it may generate a lot of logs, so it is good only for short experiments.

Dmitriy,

Okay, the blynk.log file does get massive, way too fast so I have set it for info only…nothing really to see there. However, when I select export CSV on my iOS device, the terminal window logs the following.

Does this give any clues?

regards,
Corey

@corvek wow, that’s interesting. What OS (and hardware) do you have and what java version (java -version)?

I am attempting to run this on a Beaglebone Black Wireless…

root@beaglebone:~/Blynk/logs# uname -a
Linux beaglebone 4.4.88-ti-r125 #1 SMP Thu Sep 21 19:23:24 UTC 2017 armv7l GNU/Linux

root@beaglebone:~/Blynk/logs# cat /etc/*-release
PRETTY_NAME=“Debian GNU/Linux 9 (stretch)”
NAME=“Debian GNU/Linux”
VERSION_ID=“9”
VERSION=“9 (stretch)”

root@beaglebone:~/Blynk/logs# java -version
java version “1.8.0_144”
Java™ SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_144-b01)
Java HotSpot™ Client VM (build 25.144-b01, mixed mode)

regards,
Corey

1 Like

@corvek could you please take this build

https://github.com/blynkkk/blynk-server/releases/download/v0.28.0/server-0.28.1-SNAPSHOT-java8.jar

and tell me if issue there is fixed?

Dmitriy,

Awesome! No more error when exporting the CSV, the iOS app does not briefly hang anymore and the CSV file is emailed to me quick quickly. I did still get the error on startup about the native transport…not sure if you had your fix that you mentioned in so wanted to mention it…

Thank you for your assistance…so glad I came across your product…it is simply amazing.

Next on my list will be utilizing raw data and be able to export that raw data out with more granularity than 1 minute…(I need every value I log, even if it is per second or two)…once I enable raw data, install PostgreSQL and restart, will the export CSV from the history/super graph widget give me all the raw data in CSV or do I have to look into exporting it in another method?
I know this is another topic and will log a new topic if issues arise!

regards,
Corey

I fixed it. Are you sure this is the same error? Please post it.

once I enable raw data, install PostgreSQL and restart, will the export CSV from the history/super graph widget give me all the raw data in CSV or do I have to look into exporting it in another method?

CSV will still return 1 min. However, you can easily export csv from any Postgres client. We have in plans more options for CSV export. But this is not yet implemented.

Maybe is exception is left from previous server start?

Dmitriy,

Here is the error…

I will stay tuned for more options on exporting data! I am into automation and most times, the HMI is very important, but it is all about data…when one can manipulate, store, analyze data, one can then optimize their process being controlled.

regards,
Corey

Sorry…did not see your edit…I will restart and update.

@corvek no need. This is another warning and it comes from 3-d party library. Right now fixing it doesn’t worth the efforts. Here is related ticket - https://github.com/netty/netty-tcnative/issues/307

Dmitriy,

I did a reboot of the BBBW device, started the server and the error still exists.

regards,
Corey

Hahaha…you type to fast!

Thanks for all the help!

1 Like

HI, I am also having this same error when trying to join a multiplayer server on my Raspberry Pi 3, which uses Linux Debian. How do I replace the affected file(s)? Where can I download them from?