IOS Critical-Alert Sound not triggered by Event

In my project (Reed Switch/Door Sensor connected to an ESP8266 ) i created a Critical Event (with “Notifications” and “Deliver push notifications as alert” enabled) as well as an Automation to get notified via email, App notification and with an Critical-Alert Sound on my IOS Phone if the Reed Switch gets activated. Email and App Notification work perfect but the Critical-Alert Sound on my phone wont be triggered. In the IOS App Device Notification settings all sounds are activted as well as in the App Profile/Settings/Notifications and sounds. My IOS phone (IOS 16.2) is not on mute and not in “Do not disturb” status. Any hints or ideas?

Hello, @Wolf1966

What is your application version?

Hi, my App version is 3.4.6(0) looking in App/Profile/About
and according to App Store it is Version 1.23

Hello, @ Oleksii-QA

Hi, my App version is 3.4.6(0) looking in App/Profile/About
and according to App Store it is Version 1.23

Hello, If you select the critical sound in the settings, do you hear it in the settings?

Hello, @ Oleksii-QA
yes, i can chose and hear each critical sound in the settings itself.

Hello, @Wolf1966

Not reproduced for me. Please send logs by email. About->Send Logs

Regards

Hi @Wolf1966

If the push notification came when the app was opened, a silent information alert was displayed. This was changed in the latest iOS Blynk IoT update, build 3.5.0(0) and now app should play a corresponding sound in such case.

If you still experience the issue please turn on logging in System Settings → Blynk, fire few pushes to make sure the logs are recorded, and send us the logs from About screen within the app. Please write a note there that issue is about notification sounds.

Hi @Eugene
I updated my IOS Blynk IOT to build 3.5.0(0). I had to delete and reinstall it.
Unfortuantely my problem still remains. I enabled logging and sent the logs as requested.
Thanks for the support.

Hi @Eugene and @Oleksii-QA ,
i need to apologize that i kept you guys busy. I found the issue. I had a typo within the Blynk.logEvent function. Now it work just perfect.
Thanks for not giving up on me :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hello, @Wolf1966

It’s great that you found the reason. Thank you for writing.

Regards

I See no option for critical notification in the IOS Device. How to get that critical permission and option in app?

Critical notifications

iOS

Clients using BUSINESS plan can cause critical alerts to be recognized by iOS, resulting in delivery with maximum sound, ignoring the phone’s mute and Do Not Disturb settings.

Approval for the app to use this feature is required by Apple.

Pete.

it measn business plan need right ? sir : )