Integrating MAX31865 interface to esp8266

I recently built a single pt100 (RTD) MAX31865 interface to an ESP8266-12 NODEMCU and have it suvcessfuly displaying °F on the ESP8266 serial monitor per your
instruction. My intended use is to allow me to check the temperature of my BBQ pit via my cell phone. I would connect through the Blynk application and intend to query the hardware when I want to know the temperature. I believe it is called pushing the temperature to my cellphone when requested. No bells and whistles like some sketches. I just simply do not understand what steps are next. I don’t understand how to integrate the example Blynk push code inside the code necessary to read the sensor data from the max31865 to the esp8266-12 node mcu. Can you please explain how to do this?

Why re-invent the BBQ monitor?

Pete.

@PeteKnight its easy to see from your code, you’re no novice. I would like to build a much simpler interface. I wish to use a single max31865 interface to an esp8266 nodemcu that will allow me to view the bbq pit temperature in °F. In the Blynk application. It seems that all of the examples use sensors that connect to either digital or analog pins on the esp8266. But, the output of either the max31865 or max31855 have a serial output to the esp8266. I’m stumped as how to interface what I see in the serial monitor (which is the actual temperature in °F) to the Blynk app. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Kindest regards.

With commands like Blynk.virtualWrite() to Display Widgets with corresponding VirtualPins instead or, or as well as, existing Serial.print() commands

The BBQ monitor isn’t my project or code, I just linked to it as a pre-built solution.
As @Gunner said below, writing the data out to Blynk is very similar to writing data out to the serial monitor, just using different commands.
One thing you do need to be careful of is the frequency of these Blynk virtual writes, as if you do it too often (like during each loop of the void loop) then you’ll flood the server.

Pete.

Pete, thanks for responding so quickly. I’m going to study the Blynk command relationship to the serial commands in my sketch. I think I’m really close. It just seems as if Blynk folks could add the MAX31865 and MAX31855 to their list of examples. The claim that any sensor can be "easily " added to Blynk is a bit of an overstatement. All of the discussion speaks directly to digital pins or analog pins. Would be great to see a few examples of how to interface to the above boards when they are used with ESP8266 NodeMCU

Blynk itself doesn’t read any sensors itself (outside of what the App picks up from the phone with special Sensor Widgets) it is more like a IoT linked GUI, so the usual Arduino code and or libraries are needed.

But once you can see something with Serial.println(temp); then it is very easy to add or replace the same value display to Blynk with Blynk.virtualWrite(vPin, temp); with vPin matching the one in a Display Widget on the App… Just like referenced in the documentation link you were given.