Integrating blynk to gogle assistant

Hi,
I am creating a home automation project using Nodmcu and blynk.
I am using the standalone blynk example code provided by the blynk library and in the blynk app, i have 6 buttons and 1 eventer set.

I want to integrate my project with google assistant without any 3rd-party services such as IFTTT. I recently heard of web hooks, and got to know that there is a option to add web hooks to google assistant through assistant’s console and there is even web hooks in blynk. So can anyone help me to integrate google assistant with my blynk project.

My current basic idea is that
I will ask google assistant to turn on lights → google assistant will send a put web hooks request to blynk serve with my auth token → blynk will receive the request and update the state of the pin accordingly.

Can anyone guide me please!

I assume that you are using the old version of Blynk?

If so, then the version you are using will be retired soon (6 months maybe) and the new version will have integration with voice assistants soon - provided you sign-0up to one of the paid plans.

With your current system, using Eventor isn’t a good idea.
You need to be using virtual pins to communicate with your hardware, and that hardware will be connected to your light(s).

As far as I can see, there is no reason to use the Webhooks widget in Blynk, unless its to update Google with the state of changes made within the app. (I’m an Alexa person myself, so don’t have any Google Assistant experience).

If Google can make API calls to Blynk then it can control the state of the virtual pins, and therefore your lights. The syntax should be the same as if you were making these calls via IFTTT.

Pete.

Thanks for your help, Pete!

Yes, I am currently using the old version of the blynk app and I am in the process of migrating my project to the new one.

Is there any possibility currently with the old version itself to integrate the project with google assistant without any 3rd party service, since most of the 3rd party services have a subscription-based plan currently.

Already answered…

Pete.