Installing Local Blynk Server

Can anyone telme what is differnece between blynk server and local blynk server

Cloud Server is the default server provided by Blynk… in the “cloud” :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Local Server - http://docs.blynk.cc/#blynk-server - is a Java based server that you can install on your own hardware that can support Java 8/10 (OpenJDK, Oracle) such as a PC, Raspberry Pi, etc.

It functions almost exactly the same way, but offers a bit more options of configuration for special needs like internet free Blynk usage (you still need a full private network and AP) and potentially faster throughput and connectivity (network dependent).

It is however, more complex to setup (in comparison, Cloud is a simple, just works solution) and not recommended for new users.

1 Like

Can you please tell me step by step procedure to install local server on my windows 10 i have been trying from two days installation is not successful

No.

There are already directions and many topics about it. Look at the link in green that I already provided… and here is another…http://help.blynk.cc/blynk-local-server/local-server

PS, did I mention it is more complex to setup and not recommended for new users? :stuck_out_tongue:

Worth adding the word: still :wink:

I didn’t want to start the can opener on that particular worm receptacle :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Ya Gunner thanks for ur fast respond but i have to run my project on local server on pc for arduino :slightly_frowning_face: ya i gone through ur link but it is more complicated is there any easy way to install and run blynk server bcz videos also not appropriate in order to proceed

Why? Arduinos can work with the Cloud server just as easily… either via an ESP as shield or with the USB link… both which basically connect an Arduino serial port to your network and thus to the internet & cloud server.

Actually iam running my project through blynk app for esp8266 by connecting to blynk server which is very slow so i have to run local server on my pc, i tried to install jdk and open ssl and java server but it not creating blynk file in log folder

You mean long pings?? Keep in mind Blynk is an IOT platform, and will not allow to make an oscilloscope, like one of the users tried :stuck_out_tongue:

So, your actual reason for this topic was NOT to ask the difference… but because despite all the available directions, you really want someone to handhold the entire process.

I recommend you first pursue troubleshooting why your cloud access is “very slow”, however you calculate that detailed factoid. It could be your program, your congested WiFi, local interference, etc… and if any of those, a Local Server will not really help.

2 Likes

ya with effort i installed now it showing in command prompt
Blynk Server successfully started.
All server output is stored in folder ‘C:\Users\Shama\BlynkServer.\logs’ file.

How to find admin name and password and ip config of blynk server?

All in the docs… they don’t create this things just to fill web space you know :stuck_out_tongue:

And the IP is whatever the IP of your PC is… plus port 8080 for the devices and 9443 for the App

1 Like

Gunner plz help me iam trying to connect blynk app and server but i getting error that check port 8443 port is whether opened or not.I have doubt which ip address should be placed in blynk app?

If you are unable to follow the simple instructions above… what more can I do?