Important Update: Deprecation of Older Blynk Library Versions – Action Required

Hey everyone,

Hope you’re all doing great and your projects are buzzing along smoothly! We’ve got an important update regarding the Blynk Library that we need to share with you.

What’s Happening?

As of June 6, 2024, all versions of the Blynk Library below 1.0.0 with SSL/TLS enabled will stop working (version 1.0.0 will keep working as usual). The version 1.0.0 was released on May 25, 2021, marking a milestone in our development, however we see that some users still use very old versions of Blynk library.

Why This Matters

Devices running on outdated versions of the Blynk Library will no longer be able to send data to Blynk. This means it’s crucial to ensure your devices are updated to the latest library version (or at least version 1.0.0 or newer) to maintain seamless functionality and connectivity.

Next Steps

1. Check Your App: If your devices are affected, you won’t be left in the dark. We’re sending out notifications via the Blynk app to make you aware. Please, check your notifications section promptly.

2. Update Your Library: Don’t wait for the notification, be proactive. Now is the time to update your Blynk Library to the latest version. This will ensure that your devices continue to communicate without interruption.

3. Need Help?: Upgrading can seem daunting, but it’s straightforward. If you have any questions or need assistance, our community and support team are here to help. Don’t hesitate to reach out on the forum or via our support channels.

We understand that updates can be a bit of a hassle, but they’re crucial for maintaining the security, efficiency, and reliability of your projects. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation in making this transition as smooth as possible.

Thank you for being a part of the Blynk Community. Your creativity and projects inspire us every day!

Cheers,
Blynk Team

4 Likes

I got a notice in the app that I was using an outdated library. I’m using the official Particle library which I think is created by Blynk (?)

Is this library updated so it will work after June?

Thanks.

The official Particle library doesn’t use TLS/SSL encryption (it’s one of Particle limitations), so it won’t be affected I think. However it’s best to upgrade to the latest version (which is currently 1.3.2) in any case

1 Like

Thanks @vshymanskyy for clarifying that the 1.3.2 official library is fine. I probably have one old project that uses an older version that I’ll need to update.

1 Like