Image from webcam

Hi. I am relatively new to Blynk and wanted to find a way of feeding my RPi’s camera feed into a Blynk widget. On the Rpi (node-red) I upload the image from the cam to a web server and then I tried to link that image through the URL to the image widget. I was then hoping that as the image changes on the server (overwritten) the image in the widget would change and thus give me a Blynk-way to make a remote controlled camera. But the image doesn’t change. Looks like the image widget is intended for something else.

Any suggestions to what I could do? I don’t want a live video feed (overkill and too much data)

Thanks
M

In your Node-Red screenshot you’re using a Write node rather than an Image Gallery node.

Pete.

Hi Pete,

Thanks for spotting that. I have corrected it, but it doesn’t do what I want. The Image widget is requesting a URL or a local iphone image album and if I point it to a URL of an image it seems to pick the image up and cache it, and doesn’t update it even when it changes on the URL.

Have you used the Image Widget in the way I want or something similar? I read your awesome writeup of your Spain house, and I am into something similar though my second house is a sailboat :slight_smile:

M
¨

I think you’d have to use the url or urls option for this to work in the way you want.
Go back to your first flow, with the correct node type at the end and connect a debug node in parallel with your image gallery node. Set the debug node to display the complete message object and include the debug output in your screenshot.

I have used the Image Gallery node to do some testing, but it was a while ago.
There was a known issue with caching of images, and I thought it had been fixed. Changing the URL each time was one workaround, but before we go down that route I need to see that you’re using the Image Gallery widget correctly.

Pete.