If you can dream it, you can Blynk it

Some photos of it with the old front and the new one needing to be welded up

3 Likes

Oh wow that look awesome :smile:

1 Like

I think you’re gonna need a bigger brake.

1 Like

Put a eddy current brake on it :joy::joy:

1 Like

Cool project…
Please make video of your skateboard.
How to turn Raspberry pi into hospot mode??
Is Blynk server works in this mode??

See Setup PI ZERO W as ultra portable server and AP (tutorial) updated to 2022 :)

Yes

1 Like

Where do you rest your feet :thinking:

I don’t think its done yet ^^

1 Like

You can add two feet rest supports at the front axle

1 Like

Keep an eye out for the big reveal in like a month :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

2 Likes

Hmmm, I think an an eddy-current brake would be a useful improvement over a mountain bike V-brake on that gas-powered trike. Especially if it’s Blynk controlled!

You don’t need no stinking brakes on a drift bike… you simply drift around the Hobbit house, across the shire, over the cliff and into the ocean… OK… perhaps a momentum defeating process or parachute is in order :stuck_out_tongue:

SMALL UPDATE
i can now monitor the battery levels from the blynk app using the code from @Costas and @speed57 with some small adjustments to fit my needs. Thanks for sharing the code guys much appreciated :blush:
Also added a light sensor to make the lights go on by them automatically but thats not really interesting.
Picture below

2 Likes

Hello @Dema323, I really need help. I too am trying to use the Blynk app to make my own electric skateboard. I am just now doing some of the examples to get myself acquainted with the app, but my goal is to use the app to control the board. I literally have all the supplies (motor, board, VESC, batteries, connectors, arduino), but I just have no idea how i can get this project up and running with the app, specifically integrating the Blynk/arduino protocol with the VESC/Motor relationship. It would be great if you (or anybody else who’s done this before) could lend me some advice with the programming and hardware wiring. Thank you.

You would need a microcontroller that regulates the voltage on the esc. Im sure there are instructables about this you could find

I’ve been looking for about 2 months and haven’t found anybody doing this or anything that makes sense to me. I did get advice to use a ESP32 microcontroller, simply because it makes up for the WiFi and BLE gap that an arduino does not have. What kind of microcontroller did you use for your project if you dont mind me asking?

What? Nobody is doing this??..motorized skateboard… or this… motorized skateboard with remote control… or perhaps not this… motorized skateboard with IoT based remote control.

Or are you referring to Blynk specifically… which is really no different than ALL the rest, except for the type of IoT interface.

So build your board (motor, VESC controller, battery, charge/discharge controller, etc.) based on some or all those various available options… then worry about the final interface once you have something to connect it to for testing.

I used esp’s and a raspberry pi, but i didn’t control the throttle with my phone. It was just for battery levels and some light or so, don’t remember exactly. I would not suggest using your phone as a controller, if you fall you break it. But if your cheap rc remote falls well, will probably be fine.

Btw @Gunner go to sleep it should be night in the US :stuck_out_tongue:

But daaaad… I’m not tir…er…d…zzzzzz :sleeping: :rofl:

Actually I tend to be more alert in the evenings, early mornings (18:00-04:00 or thereabouts), but my wake sleep schedule is all out of wack, so you never know when I might be lurking about :innocent: