Idea: Images / graphics in Blynk (possibly by URL)

Hi all,

I’m aware this request has been posted also a year ago in [SOLVED] Add image or my icon to widget blynk, but I’d like to know if this is still on the radar and share thoughts on this. I am aware there is a creative way to achieve this by including emojis, but they are limited.
The widget could take the form of a simple tile, that just features an image. The image can be positioned anywhere on the canvas, next to Values, Buttons. Etc.

It would be a great feature, for example in projects where:

• Home-automation projects are made with Blynk. You can visualize buttons/values by means of a graphic showing the window blinds, oven, washing machine, coffee maker, etc.

• The hardware board is stored in a housing/casing. This housing (e.g. a photo of it) can be show on the UI to quickly identify your device (for example when navigating tabs) or to show from which devices values are coming

• In projects that interact with multiple values from sensors/actuators where you want to add a recognizable icon to the values (rather than only a label) to quickly identify them.

• My examples mostly refer to the use of graphics / artwork rather than actual photos.

I can imagine that (if this would require) storing this image data on Blynk servers, and this is undesirable, and an image by URL could be a better idea. Such that you add the widget in the Blynk App, and provide a URL to obtain the image. As Android Developer, I’d be happy to share an easy example on (at least) required Android implementation: https://medium.com/@crossphd/android-image-loading-from-a-string-url-6c8290b82c5e

Also, I’d be happy to spent, say 1000 credits per imageview (if this adds any weight to how valuable I’d find it :slight_smile: )

Happy to hear your thoughts

1 Like

Hello. Yeap, we already started working on it. So soon it should be done (after our vacations :wink:). We will implement both - link image and predefined list.

2 Likes