I need some help on programming--- rc switch library

Hi friends, I am a cut paste programmer and I need little help. I am already using blynk and rf. I want to write few lines using rc switch libray that if I receive an rf signal say FFFFF00011 then make some digital pin high. Please help

I’m not sure that qualifies as programming :wink:

I’ve spent a considerable amount of time trying to interface a receiver with Blynk without any luck. As with everything else, the choice of hardware can make a difference, but I used the cheapest :wink:

It all boils down to interrupt handling and/or timing issues. To insure you’re not missing any transmissions, you have to listen to the receiver more or less constantly and that doesn’t sit well with Blynks don’t put anything other than blynk.run in the main loop-policy.

In the end, I peaked at some commercial RF Bridges and found out that they actually uses two MCU’s, dedicating one solely for the RX. Naturally, I copied that setup :rofl:

I don’t have any experience with the newer dual-core MCU’s, but together with a decent transceiver I don’t think it’s impossible to make a “one MCU” solution. A future project… :slight_smile:

This is how I did it:

Hi @distans I think you’re right about it being difficult to run Blynk on a system that’s also constantly looking for a transmission from a 433mhz receiver.
I have a working system, but it uses a 433MHz receiver attached to a Wemos which sends data using MQTT when a radio message is received. All the Blynk work is done on the RasPi that acts as the MQTT server, so in effect it’s a dedicated MCU for receiving and decoding the radio messages.

I’ve not tried it, but I guess you could use the Blynk API to send data to the Blynk server once a 433MHz message is received, that way you don’t use Blynk run at all.
Quite a bit of discussion about this method in the threads where people want to use deep sleep for battery powered systems. The MCU will appear offline in Blynk, and you wouldn’t be able to do any other Blynk stuff using that MCU - so it’s still a stand-alone device really.

I’ll send you (@distans) an email about my rather disappointing 433MHz adventures in Spain.

Pete.