I am bigginer and i need help

Hello
I already make my first project which is controlling relay by using arduino mega and bu usp serial method.
I need now to make the same project but by wiffi method and using esp8266 12E node Mcu as wiffi shield.
I know there is better idea which it to use wemos
But i need to start with these components as they are exsist and i have difficulty in getting new components.
I was looking for such a project in blynk comunitty
And i tried to do some examples but i need just to know the connections between the both boards( arduino mega 2560 and esp8266 12E node Mcu)

Best regards.

Good news, I received mine today and I actually managed to upload some old code into it, despite myself acting on just two brain cells for the time being.

I think I like this product. No more fiddling with ESP shield connections, if you select the correct dipswitch your ESP is correctly wired for use as a shield and it appears to be pretty stable.

Admittedly, itā€™s not the cheapest solution, but the board seems to be well build and comes loaded with the latest AT (0.51.0 based on SDK 1.5.0). A little improvement could be including an antenna for the price of 23 bucks. That isnā€™t included but Iā€™d highly recommend getting one to improve the range.

Further experiments to follow, but I have to paint the house and get it sold asapā€¦ which takes precedence, lol.

3 Likes

Yes - a nice board but for a $20 (an Ali) I prefer discrete solution (A Mega for ~$7 + ESP01 for ~$2). But it is always good to have more then less (a choice here)

1 Like

Hi, iā€™m the french man who left before some topics about the ā€œfamousā€ Mega + WiFi R3 ATmega2560 + ESP8266 (8 Mb mĆ©moire), USB-TTL CH340G. Compatible pour Arduino Mega, NodeMCU, WeMos ESP8266.
I just read u finaly have recieved and did some try with one !
I will be really interrested by some simple skech for trying by my own.
Iā€™m not really good on writing line linked web task.
I understand well that u are on some house painting for now, so i will wait.:slight_smile:

Thanks you in advance

Where you able to get the Wifi working? I have the same board and and I still havenĀ“t the faintest idea how to get the wifi working :weary:

Well, I f*cked up and messed up the bootloader. Unfortunately, with my tinyusbisp I cannot upload a bootloader to the Mega, so Iā€™m waiting on a friend with a decent programmer to restore it, so ā€¦

So nobody knows how to use the wifi on this board? :sweat:

unfortunately