Huge Blynk Library update! v0.5.0 [Arduino, PlatformIO, Particle, MBED, OpenWrt]

You can try.

1 Like

wow, this is a great idea, considering that 70% of newbies actually putting virtualwrite to main loop!

I think the practise should still be discouraged because loop() will still be a bad use of resources, even if Blynk was able to cope with it.

3 Likes

Yes that is just to make newbies happy.
BlynkTimer usage recommendations still apply.

1 Like

Great, more happy newbies “flooding” the forums with bad coding practices becasue new library enhancements will “fix everything” :thinking: Gee, Thanks :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: JK

3 Likes

Well, those Makers will encourage @vshymanskyy to create better and stable code for the library, so every disadvantage has it’s advantage :wink:

Hello,

I’d like to be sure…
So I’ve just to remove old Blynk libraries/tools folder and replace them by new libraries and tools folders, at the same location?

@Alx-I yes

I can certainly see BIG stability improvements with my MEGA/ESP-01 setup… 20 hours and counting without a single need to activate my built-in reconnect routines. and considering how bloated that testbench project is, and my limited coding abilities… this is a loong time :stuck_out_tongue:

:+1::+1:

I don’t suppose there is a “Total Neanderthals How-to Guide” for doing so with NodeJS on the RPi? :wink:

1 Like

Can please explain me anyone how can i update the library on a raspberry pi 2 with raspbian?

@Andy_Wand Check the documents and Help Center… if using WiringPi (C++) follow the links and directions accordingly, if using NodeJS, that is presently stable at v.0.4.7 with no current way to upgrade.

http://help.blynk.cc/how-to-connect-different-hardware-with-blynk/raspberry-pi/nodejs-vs-c-library

I use node but blynk or so crashed after few days i think its the 100% cpu usage or so that’s why I wanted to update.

That issue seemed to be related specifically to the C++ method and beta 0.5.0 (since updated as stable).

Node v.0.4.7 has been around for a long time and is stable… but you might have code issues that, in Linux, need to be ‘caught’ else they stop the script.

Best to start a NEW topic and provide as much detail as possible, and show your full code.

1 Like

Thank you very much, Blynk Gurus. You guys are awesome!

1 Like

A question. Does this upgrade cure the instability of ESP when doing Blynk.syncAll() when there are lots of V pins?

@koaiwi it should help but also make sure you are using ESP Arduino code 2.4.0.

Yep have updated to 2.4.0 Thanks.

Is is ok to install the lib from the IDE?

@victagayun not worth the risk, do it all manually.

Reminder for those who switched to ESP8266 Core v2.4.0: