How to use data from other sensor in same template

Hi
Another day another problem :slight_smile:
Well I have more sensors and I’d like to use it at same dashboard.
I create template “zalivanje” and I add 2. sensor (in future more)

On dashboard I’d like to see data from all boards. So far so good.
On app I successfully add 2. sensor and work. Sensors from “stirna” is used V0-V9. Sensors from “njiva” is used V10-19.
On app when I create dashboard for “sirna” it is automatically create me the same for “njiva” (Why??? i don’t like this). OK anyway… but on device “stirna” I can read only stirna’s sensor and on “njiva” only njiva’s sensors.

How to create dashboard that all sensor from all boards can be visible?

thanks

This feature is in development and will be added in 2024

Because they both use the same template.
All devices using the same template have the same dashboard layouts. If you don’t like it then use different templates.

Once again, this is how it is meant to work. If you had multiple devices collecting temperature and humidity data from different places, and all devices shared the same template, then when you switched devices the dashboard would display the data for that device.

You need to send the data from your multiple “slave” devices to one “master” device. The ways to do this are…

1. Don’t run Blynk on your “slave” devices and use the Blynk HTTP(S) API to send data from the slave devices to the master device

2. Use Automations to send data from the slave devices to the master devices. This has the drawback that each slave needs to be a device in Blynk, and as you’ve seen in one of your other posts, these can’t be hidden. It also has the disadvantage that data sent from the slave devices via automations can’t be graphed in Superchart

3. Use Node-Red to be the central receiving system for data from your devices, and send messages to Node-Red from and to your devices using MQTT messaging. Use the Blynk plug-in for Node-Red to exchange data between the two system. This has the advantage that you can have a single template/device set-up in Blynk to view data from all of your devices and to control all of your devices. This is how my home automation system is configured.

Pete.

Thanks for explanation

Once again, this is how it is meant to work. If you had multiple devices collecting temperature and humidity data from different places, and all devices shared the same template, then when you switched devices the dashboard would display the data for that device.

OK, so why I don’t see all data my data on dashboard?

Anyway little stupid for me, but it must be reason, that I don’t understand.
I will fix somehow with automation to collect all data from more device to one template. But it should be easier to do theta like some of other provider do.

You’ve said that you can see the data on the individual dashboards when you view these devices…

As I’ve explained, this is how it’s meant to work.
If you have a template that uses V1 for Temperature and V2 for Humidity, then have three different devices based on that template - lets call them Outside, House and Garage - and they all send their local temperature readings to V1 and local humidity readings to V2.

You’ll see three devices in your Blynk tile screen. All three will have the same two widgets, displaying Temperature and Humidity. When you view the Outside device, it will sow you the outside readings, when you open the House readings, when you view the Garage device it will show you the garage readings.

Just be careful if you want to display this data in SuperChart widgets…

Pete.

Hi Pete
Now I understand! Yes I agree with you now! Smart and practical!

But my problem is that I’d like to collect more data from different sensors to one dashboard. I try to do automation with forward data to “master” dashboard.
It’s work, but update data is not so fast as I think.

But I will find out how :slight_smile:

It defaults to a maximum update frequency of one minute. You can change this to one second.

Pete.

Got it! Thanks
Pete I own you # ob beer when we see :slight_smile: