How to install Blynk on RaspberryPi (not server)

Hi,
I want to control some GPIOs on Raspberry Pi and send some local network command using wget on Raspberry Pi with Blynk. However all I found in internet is always how to install blynk server on Raspberry Pi. I don’t want to install server, I just want to use as client in Raspberry like in Arduino.
How is it possible?

Previously there were three options…

1. Install WiringPi and use the Blynk C++ library

2. Use the Blynk Python library
    GitHub - vshymanskyy/blynk-library-python: Blynk library for Python. Works with Python 2, Python 3, MicroPython.

3. Use the Blynk Node.js library
    GitHub - vshymanskyy/blynk-library-js: Blynk library for JS. Works with Browsers, Node.js, Espruino.

WiringPi has been deprecated for dome time now, so that isn’t really an option, so, it depends on your preferred flavour of programming language between Python and Node.js

I guess that there is another alternative, which is to install Node-Red, and the Blynk plug-in for Node-Red, then use other Node-Red nodes to do whatever else it is you want the project to achieve. As a long-term Node-Red user this would be my choice, if I felt the need to have sensors or actuators attached to my Pi, but that’s not the way I like to organise my hardware topography.

Personally, I think the Pi is an awful choice as a Blynk client, regardless of which language you choose. They are expensive, bulky, need a good power supply, require a lot of work to set-up with an OS, are slow to boot, require ongoing OS maintenance, and worst of all they are hard on their SD cards - so will fail at some random point in future.

Pi’s are great as servers that you want to run 24/7 - provided you use an external SATA SSD to overcome the SD card issue and are prepared to do regular maintenance on them.

That’s the reason why most people use NodeMCUs or ESP32s and program in C++, and why there are lots of C++ examples but very few Python or Node.js examples.

Pete.

Thanks for answer. I know that RPi is not suited for such purposes. But I have already a hardware/network setup with Raspberry Pi, each time I log in over SSH and run commands.

I want to make it with Blynk. When I press a button in Blynk app then my Raspberry Pi should run a wget command and so on.