How to install a local server and connect to it

Until now, no-one has done a simple, easy-to-follow guide on how to install local server to windows and connect to that. The Internet is full of useless guides, followed by endless thread corrections and explanations (for example, what exactly means “/ path” and “-dataFolder”, “start server as usual”, etc.). Such places should be better explained.

Please, will someone draw up one final guide that can be understood by non-linux-unix people. Or correct the existing one?

1 Like

Blynk server is an advanced process, not a typical Windows program, it is meant for command line installation (regardless of the OS used) and thus requires a degree of prerequisite understanding of such.

There are already good guides about basic path structures, CLI commands, differing syntax with differing OSs, etc… What you are asking for is closer to personal tutoring about the basics of OS syntax and file structure… AKA asking to drive before mastering the tricycle :wink: Not really what we can offer here.

We can try to assist, but you need to have some prior experience to understand the instructions. I had to learn basic Linux/Windows CLI stuff (and still learning :stuck_out_tongue: ) before I was able to get my own server running… without some basics, you will flounder about, even with colour by number instructions.

2 Likes

It took several days to install local server. Now, the app will not let me in: “Sorry, app could not initialize connection to the server”.
I don’t understand, how to use 2-step verification password. Where should I enter it?

@AllanT have you been writing a step-by-step guide for others to follow?
If so, it would be helpful to share the steps you’ve followed so far to help identify the cause of your problem.

Pete.

1 Like

I followed this tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJNzjH-bYsA

What is the “home/pi/Blynk” in windows file system?

Enabling server auto restart on Windows
Create bat file:start-blynk.bat
Put in it one line:java -jar server-0.23.0.jar -dataFolder /home/pi/Blynk
Put bat file to windows startup folder

As I said, there is no one simple installation instruction without errors. You should review and update all instructions.

This is a community forum. Will you be sharing your step-by-step guide based on what you’ve learned.

Pete.

Nothing to share. It doesn’t work yet.

Is it still relevant port?

Administration UI
Blynk server provides administration panel where you can monitor your server. It is accessible at this URL:

https://your_ip:7443/admin

It worked for me. You may have a firewall/AV issue not related to the installation procedure.

I believe it should be 9443

1 Like