How to define user role without spending $499

I don’t know exactly what you mean with “can’t do absolutely nothing” but i’m on the plus plan and gave my wife user access. She can do exactly what you suspect a user can do and that’s full use and change of all widgets, but no permission to change anything design like.

@bazzio in my system you can see that anyone with a User role cannot do anything - they cannot even see their own devices. I would expect User to be able to see their own devices and not the organisation devices.

Stange… here are mine settings

@John93 Any idea how I should get my profile for User role reset so it’s the same as bazzio?

In the Roles and Permissions screen do you have an “Edit” button at the top right?
If so, then I think you should be able to turn-on “View Devices” and “Control Devices” for the User role.

If you try to change any permissions that are greyed-out for your Admin role then you’ll get an error message when you try to apply the changes.

Pete.

Sadly I don’t have Edit button as I’m only on the Plus plan. Basically my configuration is wrong and there is no way to fix it.

Have you tried a different web browser ?

@Dmitriy may be able to help you change the setting to what you need. Try sending him a PM with your login email, and the settings you would prefer. Maybe he will set them for you.

Just spotted that you don’t have any users added (0 users), did you already tried to add one?

No need. This is @Pavel requirement.

Err no but the problem is Blynk User role configuration not my browser

Yes but since they cannot do anything I changed the role to Staff

This is an error. User role has pre-defined set of permissions, but definitely not zero.

@Dmitriy looks like a bug

@Pavel I flagged this issue up on 1st July, but then you said it was done this way by design…

Pete.

And other people have a sensible set of permissions for User role even on this plan so how do I get these corrected?

Have you tried to create another account ?

I have already paid for this one I don’t want to have to pay again.
It should be simple for someone to either give me editing rights for 5minutes, or go in and edit my profile behind the scenes, or just copy across a correct profile,

It’s just a test buddy, create a free account and try

Same issue. Plus account. Create new user, transfer ownership of device to new user, user cannot see or add the device on the mobile dashboard.

Glad it’s not just me.
Workaround is set them as a Staff role. Downside is they see and can access all devices but at least they cannot edit them.