How to change Local Server Address from "blynk-cloud.com 443"

I have installed a local server on a raspberry pi and installed and old version of the Blynk app on my Android phone. The raspberry pi will be acting as the server and will have its GPIO pins controlled. It will basically function the same as two separate devices. It appears as though the initial steps are working until it comes time to link the Android app with the Blynk project. When I SSH in and run the " blink-client " command, I get this output:

OnOff mode
Connecting to: blynk-cloud.com 443
Error: getaddrinfo ENOTFOUND blynk-cloud,com
at GetAddrInfoReqWrap.onlookup [as oncomplete] (dns.js:66:26) {
errno: ‘ENOTFOUND’,
code: ‘ENOTFOUND’,
syscall: ‘getaddrinfo’,
hostname: ‘blynk-cloud.com
}

Does anyone know where to change the blynk-cloud address to the address of my local server? It looks like that’s all it needs to connect and start working.

What programming language are you using for the client code running on your Pi ?

Pete.

i also experience the same, how to fix it? using node.js with the latest blynk-library

Which version of the Blynk node.js library are you using, and where did you download it from?

Pete.

I followed the instructions in this YouTube video, which appears to be from Blynk. (LEGACY - not compatible with the current platform) Blynk an LED on Raspberry Pi - YouTube

When I type node --version, it comes back with v12.22.9

I’m confused by how far you progressed through the instructions in that video before you encountered a problem.
I’m also confused by your comment about…

because the ssh commands have nothing to do with the app.

Pete.

When entering the command “blynk-client [authkey]”, isn’t that taking the authentication key from the app for the specific project and attaching it to the server running on the raspberry pi so that the two installations can communicate?

As far as getting stuck anywhere while following the video, I don’t remember, but everything seems to function the way it does in the video, except that it appears as though the Blynk server is trying to connect to blynk-cloud.com on port 443 and I want it to use a local address where I have hosted my own server.

Yes it is. The confusion arose from your terminology, as although you may be getting the Auth token from the app, it actually comes from the server, and it doesn’t link the app and the server, it links the server and the client.

It’s not the Blynk server that’s attempting to connect to the now non-existent legacy cloud server, it’s the Blynk node.js client that is trying to connect to the Legacy cloud server rather than your Legacy Local server.

I suspect that you will need to edit the Blynk.js file that’s installed on your client device (which in your case is also your server) and change lines 127 and 128 to point to the IP address of your local server, and to use the appropriate port (8080 or 9443 by default)…

self.addr = options.addr || "blynk-cloud.com";
    self.port = options.port || 80;

Pete.