How many users can use local server at the same time?

Hello, I am a new user. I have created the Blynk local server on my raspberry 2 and I have some questions about it !!

1. How many users can use local server at the same time ??
  2. Can I connect multiple devices together to run one server (same IP and Port)? (Embedded System??)

P/s: How can I know my server is overloaded??

Sorry, My English is bad! I hope everyone helps me, Thanks!

Hello.

No limits.

Yes.

CPU/RAM usage?

1 Like

Thank for your reply @Dmitriy

Can you predict the number of users possible use on raspberry 2 at the same time? Please!!

Depends on scenario usage. Thousands.

Thank you alot!!

Hi @Dmitriy!
What do you think about Hadoop cluster? I intended to build it on multiple raspberries to run Blynk server!

Have a nice day!

Hadoop is more pointed at data crunching. Ive been reading up on it and need at least five Piā€™s to make that happen. A more reliable solution and probably more practical would be a couple of Piā€™s behind one or more loadbalancer devices (hint: pfsense or the free version of Citrix Netscaler). If you use shared storage for the Blynk data you only have to maintain the server instances.

Hi @Lichtsignaal, Can you talk in more detail?

Sure, what do you want to know? It is totally not blynk related (Iā€™m a network engineer), but I know this stufd too :wink:

A loadbalancer simply redirects your traffic to a pool of servers running some server software. E.g. Blynk, webserver, basically anything. They are used for fault tolerance as well as spreading of loads across a farm of servers.

Thanks @Lichtsignaal
For example, A raspberry can allow 1000 users to access if I connect 2 raspberries together, does it increase the number of users without compromising performance?

Using hadoop on rasp it is like trying to put 1000 people in ā€œSmartā€ car.

1 Like

Did you reach some limits? If no, what we are talking about?

1 Like

No, but if My raspberry is overload, What can I do?

Buy better hardware?

1 Like

Or buy more Piā€™s.

@tynttn I canā€™t see what your problem is. Piā€™s are $10 and you will need a lot of users before your first Pi becomes overloaded. Have you actually experienced any problems or are you just expecting problems?

Why not charge the end users a nominal sum to have access to your wonderful system and then you buy as much hardware as you will ever need.