Hour meter for machine run time

Hi All,

I am pretty new to Blynk.

I have a bunch of machines operating for varing times during the day. I am trying to create a single dashboard where I can see run time of these machines based around ESP32 modules for maintenance purposes. I cannot seem to find any topic discussing similar projects. Is it possible and how do I go about it using Blynk

If you absolutely need all the data on one dashboard, instead of displaying it on the device tiles, then you’ll need to forward the data from the various devices to one “master” device.
If you don’t need to chart the data on Superchart, and depending on how many devices you have, then Automations may be the best way.

Otherwise you can use the HTTP(S) API to send data from one device to another.

Pete.

Sorry pete. I did not word my post well. when I mean one dashboard I mean to say one vendor dashboard (Blynk dashboard). The issue I am stuggling to workout is how do I setup up widget to be an hour meter that can be displayed in the Blynk dashboard.

Exemple when pin 5 is high (when machine is running) add time to an hour meter on the server side if possible.

That’s what I assumed you meant, and that’s why I answered the way I did.

I had assumed that you’d use something like a Value or Labelled value widget, although you could use a gauge widget I guess.

You’d need to run code on the device that outputs the runtime value in hours to a virtual datastream. How you do this will depend on the sort of data you’re interested in. Do you want complete hours, or do you want partial hours too (27.5 hours versus 27 hours for example, or 27:30 maybe)?
Also, do you want to know total runtime over the life of the device, or is it just how long its been running since the last reboot?

The Blynk “Push Data” example shows how to output output uptime since the last reboot in seconds…

It would be very simple to change this to meet your needs if all you want is uptime since the last reboot

If you want the total runtime for a device, emulating the way that a generator or aircraft engine tracks the total runtime then you’d ned to retrieve the last cumulative total from Blynk using BLYNK_CONNECTED() and Blynk.syncVirtual(vPin) then add to this total.

Pete.