Help with pin settings

first time using arduino and i dont know where to put the pins because the pin in blynk only gives 1

First, try to get it working without Blynk. Add Blynk on top of that.

Furthermore, you are giving us about 0 helpful information, what hardware, what sensor etc.

Sorry T_T its my first time here also i am using a arduino uno and i also don’t know where to place the jumper wires i got it working (the connection part from uno to blynk) its giving me random numbers in the status (value) iam trying to connect a moisture sensor and a light sensor thanks for the help :slight_smile: and btw do i need a bread board? i also have an esp 82966 should i use that instead of uno? and how do i connect it from there? (T_T iam a noob at this stuff just started)

Yes If you have a decent ESP8266 (one with a USB port in my book) then you should make every effort to go this route and not with an Arduino, especially an Arduino with only one Serial port like the Uno’s and Nano’s.

It can be done but there are more problems with ESP as WiFi shield than all the other methods put together.

ESP as a standalone system is a breeze.
1MB programmable memory plus 15MB storage and USB port all for $5 delivered to your door.

ESP is far superior IMHO.

1 Like

Yup, chuck that UNO in a draw and let it rott away!
Grab yourself a few of these. I have them and love em! Can make pretty much anything out of them.

@Jamin Banggood don’t like us to be able to see your orders so this is the url.

This link still worked though… the “myorders” part was just a ref from the page I came from.

It might have worked for you as you placed the order and probably have the cookies to go with it but it gave server error for me. Ok now.

1 Like

Again, strange, as it opens in another browser fine (not logged in to banggood). I changed the link anyway.

Might have been a temporary server problem as the full url with order suffix seems fine now even with a “clean” browser.

1 Like

@jamin are these from Ali at $2.76 the same thing https://www.aliexpress.com/item/New-Wireless-module-CH340-NodeMcu-V3-Lua-WIFI-Internet-of-Things-development-board-based-ESP8266/32683073762.html

Stay away from the LoLin type… I’ve had 2 of them catch on fire on me for no apparent reason and 1 somehow bricked itself. I can’t upload anything to it.

Haha and what I meant by catch on fire, is it released magic smoke lol

They are also much bigger and dont quite fit on a breadboard.
One upside of hte LoLin type is they provide 5V direct power from pin VV

Did you contact the supplier about the fires?

Yep and sent them back to China for a refund.

You shouldn’t need a breadbord for such a simple setup. Which sensor do you have? Can you provide us with an URL ?

moisture sensorhumidity sensor

similar to those how do i program the esp 8266 than? do i just use a micro usb? and what program should i use how do i also know what port to put them in and if there working i tested the moisture sensor by puting it in analog a0 and digital 6 with 3.5 v grnd iam not sure if its suppose to be like that but it lighted up but blynk still gave random numbers

@UtaMask yes if your ESP has a USB then it is programmed via the USB port.

You use the Arduino IDE to program it but if you haven’t already done so you need to go through the process of adding the board to the IDE. Ask if you need details.

The Arduino IDE normally shows with port your ESP is connected to. If it doesn’t your OS will (Control Panel etc).

T_T how do i add the board to the arduino program? and is it the same programming language?

Yes all the same language.

File, Preferences then paste the following in the box that requires a url:

http://arduino.esp8266.com/stable/package_esp8266com_index.json

Not sure if you still have to do it but previously you closed the IDE and reopened it.

Then Tools, Board, Boards Manager and if you enter “esp8266” in the search box (without the inverted commas") it should show package 2.3.0. Select this and it will add a big list of ESP boards to the IDE.

Just select your board from the IDE and ensure you set the correct memory and reset method.

Can you provide a link to your exact board and I will check memory size and reset method etc.

i did what you said and it worked thanks :slight_smile: but heres the link not where i bought it from but the same exact thing esp2866mod

1 Like