Hardware Info Issues

Hello,

I’ve just upgraded my local server to 0.38.4-java8 and am getting the following issues:

1. Library Versions “Page Not Found”
  2. Nothing under “CPU Types”

Thanks

1 Like

Thanks. Uploaded new jar with fix for Library versions.

Regarding CPU types - there were no changes.

Awesome, just updated and it works perfectly.

Any idea why the CPU types aren’t reported?

Was it working before? The possible reason is that hardware doesn’t send this info.

I think nodemcu doesn’t send info

library don’t show the real blynk library

----05-022283

Could you please explain?

I use 0.5.3 and server shows 4.10
My server is 0.38.4

My server 0.38.4 also shows Library Versions “Page Not Found”.
With server 0.38.3 it shows the page but version 0.5.0 instead of the 0.5.3 I currently use.

That’s very possible - I don’t check this page very often but I definitely do remember seeing it at some stage.

Any idea how I can get my ESP8266’s to report this?

Download the 0.38.4 server .jar file again - they uploaded a fixed version with the same version number.

I agree. This is all I see now (Server 0.38.4)

Missing all my ESP8266 & 32 as well as the RPi… but they do show up here…

But a bit of a discrepancy on the mystery 5 Arduinos at the top compared to the correct count of 2 UNOs and 1 MEGA further down.

Basically I don’t use the Admin page as a reference much as it usually seems confused about what I am actually running.

I already have the latest 0.38.4 server .jar file installed …:wink:
I’ve also checked my local “server.properties” file to make sure that it’s not outdated. No luck …

@Gunner latest Blynk library on the ESP? Debug mode should show what data is sent from hardware and with trace mode on the server you can see what comes too. @vshymanskyy did we change something here?

Yes… I think two of the three 0.5.2 devices are my Sonoffs and the other is probably my NodeJS Client and I think the 0.1.2 is my Python client (both on my RPi - working again :slight_smile: )

Everything else works fine, just strange Hardware Info results in the Admin page.

1 Like

@Dmitriy:

The answer definitely is: Yes.

Basically it seems to be a problem with the changing variant of the server versions and that no-one seems to keep track of the changes.

The profile file seems not to contain information about the server version that it is valid for.
Result: Parts of it become outdated because the structure changes, vars are renamed and the projects already existing are not updated.

Just an example from the profile I’m currently using:
One of the projects that I tested with back in 2017 does not know the version of the library.
In an other project I created in Feb. 2018 the version of the library is stored with the label “version”.
The later ones store the version of the library with the label “blynkVersion”.

I just realised these problems as I wanted to create a table in PHP that gives me an overview of the status of my devices.
As the profile of a user is nothing but a json file that should have been an easy task.
But it turned out to be a bit of mission as the structure of the file is inhomogeneous.:roll_eyes:

Yeap, “move fast and break things”. We don’t have other options anyway :slight_smile:.

3 Likes

@Dmitriy: As long as you move forward, it’s fine for me … :grinning:

1 Like