Going from cloud to local server

Can someone tell me how to go from cloud server to local server on your android phone

First you need to have >installed and setup your own local server<… and if you have done that, then your answer is located in the same location as the rest of the directions…

http://docs.blynk.cc/#blynk-server-update-instruction-app-and-sketch-changes

Do note that you cannot transfer your projects and user accounts from the cloud to the local server.

In practice this means you have to re-create all your projects and accounts. After that has been done you can either change the Auth tokens via the Admin panel (so you won’t have to update your hardware with new tokens) or update your hardware with the new tokens.

This piece of information is missing from the documentation :slight_smile:

@Lichtsignaal You can clone the project, then send yourself the QR code and reload it once logged into the Local server… it will require refreshing the auth code and updating the scripts, but that is all.

That’s how I transferred mine. In fact that how I back up my projects, by saving the QR codes.

1 Like

That would work too I guess :slight_smile: Nonetheless, that method is also not mentioned in the docs :wink:

Nope, not in the context of backup/restoration… perhaps that will be updated?? (Hint @Dmitriy ) :wink: