Get Widget properties over HTTP API

Hi, I am trying to get led widget properties over http api in an Excel sheet to make a Cockpit of my project data.

I am using Arduino to handle the LED widgets of Blynk according to the the status of the hardware.
It works well, but I have a question for LED widgets. I am using the GET function to get the led brightness (status on/off of the LED), but I need also to get the LED Color handled over the Arduino code. The color is used to give the status of the hardware (good performance, middle performance, poor performance of a radio link communication) . I didn’t found the information in the blynk doc and in the forum either, so I am posting to the forum my question.

For getting the brightness I am using the format http://blynk-cloud.com/auth_token/get/pin, which work good.
is there a GET propoerty color format to get the actual Blynk LED color?

Is that possible, and how? Thank you for the reply.

Please create decent post with your actual question in it, thank you :slight_smile:

Not sure how you searched… but it has been mentioned that while you can set a Widget property via code with Blynk.setProperty(vPin, “property”, value), you can’t read it… probably becasue, since you set it via code, well you should already know what it’s value is :stuck_out_tongue:

Hi Gunner,

not sure I detailed the question well. Effectively the property is set via code in the Arduino, but I want to get the property from an excel sheet using the HTTP API. This would allow me to get the indications on an excel running on a PC rather that in the blynk app that runs on Android or IOS only. I managed to set the property in Blynk over the HTTP API, but there is apparently no way to read it.

It would be handy to be able to read properties that can be set on Blynk. Not very logical for me if is this is not possible.

That is correct… at least for now. Unsure if or why it would ever change… :thinking:

So, you have a source for the properties, and you use it to send those properties to Blynk via API and they work… so just use the same source for whatever else you need.

What is not logical is sending specific formatting data to the App, then wanting to know what it was you just sent… Can you repeat this back to me, so that I know, you know, what I know :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh… wait… are you looking for a way to bypass or replace the App?? If so, sorry, the App is an integral part of Blynk so far… the developers may have a web based interface in the works… there have been rumors… but not here yet.

Ok. My Arduino Project talks over Internet to a Blynk project. Arduino collects data from sensors and for doing that it communicates over radio links with several other Arduino modules in a radio meshed environment. The Arduino monitors the communication links and evaluates statistics on the quality of these links. This quality of the links is indicated with colors on LEDs in the Blynk App. So I handle the colors in the Arduino and get the result in the Blynk App (green - good link quality, yellow - middle quality, orange - low quality, red- poor quality). I have no plans to substitute the App, do not worry(!), I just want to duplicate some data on my Windows PC, with larger and better readable screens.
So the idea is to extract Blynk data over the HTTP API. But I can read the brightness of the led (always with value 255 when reading it if the led is on), but I cannot read the color, i.e. the quality of the link.

I could do a workarround now by changing the brightness of the LED instead of the color to code a quality indication, for instance LED brightness “0” for poor quality, LED brightness “50” for low, LED brightness “100” for middle and so on.

Would be nicer with colors…

hope this helps understanding my request.

OK, so kinda like my initial concept, one source, multiple targets. But since the Arduino is both determining the “quality” levels and outputting the values to the App, then simply use the same calculation and output to a 2nd/3rd/etc. suitable display source… one data value, multiple recipients. No reason they all have to be Blynk widgets. Use Serial, PWM or Webhook.

Or you can setup an emulator and go for a big view of your App on a PC monitor.

Thank you Gunner for the time spend responding to me, and so quickly. I will investigate these directions with webhook, which I do not know (yet)!
Have a nice day!

You could also use something like Processing to make your own custom designed layout and control it directly from the Arduino as well.

If you know your way around a json parser you should be able to get pretty much anything you want.

The following API call gives you the full project details in json format:

http://blynk-cloud.com/[YOUR_TOKEN]/project

Before the Time Input widget was created we parsed the project file to create our own scheduler from the Timer widget data in the json file. Not pretty but it worked.