GearBlynk - standalone app and widget for Samsung Gear S3 smartwatch series

Thanks for writing this app!
Is there an easier way to type in the long token? I just typed it in twice with the on-screen keyboard and after pressing Done, I end up back at the “Name” and “Token” screen, but my token was not saved

OK never mind, I eventually managed to type it in again. I can’t get it to work in any case, unfortunately - I don’t get a response from my Blynk-configured Wemos which works fine with the Blynk app.

Could you please describe steps to reproduce?
Just checked on my device, and token saved successfully. I did the following:
Open Setup Tokens menu
Press Add
Press Name , set name with keyboard, press done - entered text appeared in blue hint under Name
Press Token, set token with keyboard, press done - entered text appeared in blue hint under Token

Click Save
Token saved

Maybe you can try to install alternative keyboard , and try if it resolve the problem.

Finally did you manage to save the token?
What device and Tizen version you use? I will check on emulator.

Thank you

Yup that is what I did but it didn’t save - but later on it worked. Strange. Anyway even after the token is in, it does not work. I tried re-entering in the token a few more times just in case I typed it wrongly. I can’t actually see the full token after it’s entered in as it gets cut off by the round screen so hopefully it’s correct! :slight_smile:

I’m on Tizen 3.0.0.2 at the moment, and Blynk is running on a Wemos D1. The device i’m controlling is on pin D7 on the Blynk app. On GearBlynk I set it to digital, pin 7, and send a 1 or 0. Both don’t do anything when pressed. the watch is connected over wifi and I don’t get any error messages.

Ok. I know that problem with cutting token text on display, this will be resolved in next version. Maybe you can try to add tokens with different names just pressing Add Again when it is saved. The trick here is to provide a different name, and token text will remain from your previous input, this way you see what you entered before and can edit it and rewrite if you was mistaken

Have you tried make requests from browser using blynk api? See my previous comments how to test

Hmm I just tried with my browser and it doesn’t work either! I don’t get any error message, just a blank response.
Looks like it’s Blynk-related then. Maybe I need a newer version on my Wemos - it’s from last year some time.

PRO version released.
Check here:

1 Like

Is it possible to change the host from blynk to a local blynk server ?

Hello @Patrick_Schmidt, currenlty not possible. I will research on this.

If I am not mistaking your app is using the API to control the devices.
The API is also available on local Blynk Servers so all you have to do is to add an option where people are able to enter an IP and Port or URL to their Blynk Server and edit the requests.

@Patrick_Schmidt, there are some things to keep in mind about privileges of the certain Tizen application. You should provide a list of urls to which the app is able to send requests. Since the local blynk servers will have custom addresses i think this is the problem. This list is statically stored in app manifest file which is not modified. Will look on this later

@Patrick_Schmidt, good news! this is possible. just ckecked on emulator and successfully got responses from local service (not blynk server, but doesn’t matter) as well as public web servers (blynk)

in future updates i will try to add requested functionality.

2 Likes

Greate to hear :slight_smile:

i wouldn’t mind if this becomes a pro feature :wink:

It is hard to throw my beloved Vector, but i will buy a Frontier just for this app. If will work with local servers…
Anyway, good job!

I will waiting this feature.

Work is in progress. I will post here as soon it is ready

Hello guys! Just finished testing and submitted the new app version on Galaxy Store.
Added new option: Server Setup, which allows to provide custom server ip and port.
Now let’s wait for validation team ~5 working days and if everything is good it will be available.
This funcitonality is only for PRO version.

2 Likes

@Patrick_Schmidt @mugur @Phyton
New version has passed validation and should be available in Galaxy Store during the day.

1 Like

Thanks dude :slight_smile:

Hello sadMafioso,
Very nice apps indeed! I solved my local vs public server issue via squid redirect ;-).
IMHO, a great improve will be an easy way to enter token. It takes me hours (I’ve big finger ;-)) to enter the code and, because of the watch shape, it’s quiet difficult to edit it…
A way can be copy/paste from sms… But I don’t know if it’s possible…
Also, have a toggle to turn on/off on the same widget can be great
I hope I’ll be able to play with lights better than in samsung add :slight_smile:
Many thanx,
Mr Ed

thank you! Yes, entering a big string is not convenient on the watch indeed. Will try to find a better way if it is possible.