FireBeetle ESP8266 and BME680

HI,
I’ve been trying to send data from the Firebeetle 8266 board and BME sensor and I’m getting the classic “%.3f” value in my sensor display…
The value prints to serial fine and can be seen in sm…?
Heres my code.

/*
IAQ project 2020
*/

#include “DFRobot_BME680_I2C.h”
#include “Wire.h”
#include “ESP8266WiFi.h”
#include “BlynkSimpleEsp8266.h”

DFRobot_BME680_I2C bme(0x77); //0x77 I2C address

BlynkTimer timer; // Announcing the timer

// You should get Auth Token in the Blynk App.
// Go to the Project Settings (nut icon).
char auth = “xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxUYcq”;

// Your WiFi credentials.
// Set password to “” for open networks.
char ssid = “xxxxxx”;
char pass = “xxxxxx”;

void setup()
{
Blynk.begin(auth, ssid, pass);

uint8_t rslt = 1;
Serial.begin(115200);
while (!Serial);
delay(1000);
Serial.println();
while (rslt != 0) {
rslt = bme.begin();
if (rslt != 0) {
Serial.println(“bme begin failure”);
delay(2000);
}
}
Serial.println(“bme begin successful”);
bme.supportIAQ();

timer.setInterval(2000L, myTimerEvent);
}

void myTimerEvent()
{
bme.startConvert();
delay(1000);
bme.update();
Serial.println();
Serial.print(bme.readTemperature()/ 100);
Blynk.virtualWrite(V5, bme.readTemperature()/ 100);
}

void loop()
{
Blynk.run();
delay(1000);
bme.update();
timer.run(); // running timer every second

}

any ideas on a fix?

I’d start by moving the delay and bme.update out of your void loop.

Also, what version of the Blynk library and ESP core are you using?

Pete.

ok il, start there!
The latest versions of everything, only just installed IDE on a new pc!

Just because you’ve done a fresh install of the IDE it doesn’t necessarily mean that you’ve installed the latest Blynk library and ESP core.
With the ESP core it really depends on which URL you’ve used.

Pete.

Ah ok, what is the latest ESP core then, what link should I be using?

Installing with Boards Manager

Starting with 1.6.4, Arduino allows installation of third-party platform packages using Boards Manager. We have packages available for Windows, Mac OS, and Linux (32 and 64 bit).

• Install the current upstream Arduino IDE at the 1.8.7 level or later. The current version is on the Arduino website.
  • Start Arduino and open the Preferences window.
  • Enter https://arduino.esp8266.com/stable/package_esp8266com_index.json into the Additional Board Manager URLs field. You can add multiple URLs, separating them with commas.
  • Open Boards Manager from Tools > Board menu and install esp8266 platform (and don’t forget to select your ESP8266 board from Tools > Board menu after installation).

Latest release is 2.6.3

Pete.

I already had that… installed is 2.6.3…

Which it’s why it’s best to state the actual version numbers when asked…

rather than saying…

Pete.

Your timer call-back is already set for two seconds… not sure why you have all the delays throughout your code? I would remove all four of the delays(xxx) as well as the bme.update() call in the loop. What is being printed in the Serial output?

-Tim-

I have no idea to be honest, my coding skills basically equate to lego… I take bits from other code and see if it works lol
I’m just trying to get the values out of this
https://www.dfrobot.com/product-1697.html
into a nice looking UI that Blynk offers. I’ve only managed to get the temp value working so far!
Heres the wiki if you have any idea?

https://wiki.dfrobot.com/Gravity__I2C_BME680_Environmental_Sensor__VOC,_Temperature,_Humidity,_Barometer__SKU__SEN0248

cheers
onis

I told you a week ago that…

If you didn’t understand that comment then you should have said so.
I’d suggest that you read this:
http://help.blynk.cc/getting-started-library-auth-token-code-examples/blynk-basics/keep-your-void-loop-clean

Pete.

Pete, I do know exactly what that means thank you.

A word of advice…drop the dam attitude! You type your messages like you’ve got a massive chip on your shoulder. I’d rather have no help than somone being a know it all douche!

Interesting collection of mixed messages there!

Thank you for that ’advice’. I think I’ll opt for the “no help” option from now on.

A word of caution though… As this “know it all douche” comment was aimed at me, I won’t take any action. But, if you repeat this, or make similar comments towards other community members then I will suspend your account. Please consider this to be your one and only warning on this issue.

Pete.

…there you go again, hopeflly when Brexit is done and dusted you can go back to Spain Pete!

@onis_uk, as you just can’t help yourself, I’ve silenced you for the rest of this month.

Pete.

1 Like