Files needed to use OTA

Hi,
I’ve managed to provision and update code OTA using an ESP32, Blynk and the example code but I wonder if there are instruction and necessary files for setting up OTA without using the example code. Seems odd and difficult to keep track referencing files etc within the examples subfolders. Is it as simple as copying and renaming the whole Edgent_ESP32 folder to start a new project. And if so will this then include additional unnessarly files - how do I know which can be deleted?
Thx
John

Pete.

Thanks for the quick reply - so would i just need to include your code at the start of my sketch? And have added the device manually including the Auth token? I assume also that this will provision the ‘shipment’ from the Dashboard irrespective of version - i.e. will always just overwrite

It’s not my code.
It can go anywhere, but not right at the beginning as that’s where the firmware configuration need to be.

You need to create a template and a device from that template, and that will give you the auth token and the other firmware configuration code.

I don’t understand the question.
This won’t do any provisioning of auth token or WiFi credentials, they need to be hard-coded into your sketch.
As far as the version is concerned, this is dictated by the #define BLYNK_FIRMWARE_VERSION line of code and is discussed in the link.

Pete.

Ah yes sorry - first time using the community so hadn’t spotted the link to the original post.
Yes I meant creating template and device so all good with that. I will have a play and see where I get to.

It does seem odd that whilst Blynk.Edgent is discussed as a main product it only seems to exist within the examples folder of the install. Have I missed something?

It is just an example to demonstrate the Blynk IoT capabilities.

Pete.