Feather Huzzah ESP8266 not working after reboot

I am considering moving my project over from io.adafruit to you guys, but no matter what I do, I don’t get a connection after rebooting my boards.
I use Adafruit Feather Huzzah boards.
I have tried to connect using several different device options in the app, but no change whatsoever.
Can you explain what I should do? Perhaps I am choosing the wrong device type?
Can’t find any adafruit boards so I ended up trying a basic ESP8266 board.
No fix though. I hope someone with the same board can get me started!

Best regards

That should work fine… particularly if you are focusing on using Virtual Pins and coding.

ESP8266, NodeMCU, Wemos, ESP Thing, Witty Cloud, etc…

Thanks for replying that fast!
Although I can watch those tutorials for quite some time (;)) It seems to be another issue.
After I get a button setup it works. However, after rebooting the board it just won’t anymore.
Until I go in the app, go to the device type, reselect hardware model ESP8266 again, and run the app again. Then it works, until I reboot the board again.
Any hints for that behaviour?

I figured out a difference.
#include <BlynkSimpleEsp8266_SSL.h> -> shows my problem.

#include <BlynkSimpleEsp8266.h> -> works like a charm.

Something to do with SSL. Now what ?

As far as boards, make sure you have version 2.3.0 of the esp8266 in Boards Manager. That includes the Adafruit Huzzah. Not sure when it was added. Not that I think that is the issue really. The Huzzah isn’t all that different.

Also paste your code (Properly formatted of course) here in case something might show up.

Do you have anything going out to the serial port so you can see when your code starts or if it starts? It’s a great way to see at what point things are failing.

Hi,

It really seems an SSL related issue.
After booting (when trying the ssl way) the serial log displays:
[27190] Connected to WiFi
[27190] IP: 10.0.203.199
[27190]
___ __ __
/ _ )/ /_ _____ / /__
/ _ / / // / _ / '/
/
//_, /////_
/
__/ v0.4.8 on ESP-12

[27196] Connecting to blynk-cloud.com:8441
[27554] Certificate OK
[27575] Ready (ping: 0ms).
It keeps doing that cycle.

Nothing else.
If I go back to un-encrypted, it works like a charm!