Events stop working

Hi
It looks like event logging has stopped working in the timeline since yesterday. Previously it worked according to the documentation, since yesterday nothing shows up except for ONLINE and OFFLINE entries. Please verify.

You should keep in your mind that there’s a limitation (100 events per device per day).

1 Like

OK, but yesterday and today there are no entries, so there is no question of exceeding the limit here

Post your whole sketch please.

Event logging is working for me…

You’ll only see Events in the timeline if you’ve turned on the “Send to Timeline” option for the event,
Lots more info about Events here…

Pete.

Nothing has changed in the software for months, so it’s hard to suspect a software error here. The problem affects both projects that I’ve built on the Blynk 2.0 platform under the FREE plan

These changes are made in the web console, not the device firmware.

Are the devices online?

Pete.

I haven’t changed anything in the web console, I have sending events to my timeline enabled. All devices are online.

But I can see a new tab has arrived:
I just turned on the “Enable notification” option and the events started working!!!

I don’t know if this tab was there before. However, events worked fine with the timeline. Now you have to enable the “Enable notifications” option.
Thanks to everyone for your help :grinning:

No, Enable Notifications doesn’t have to be enabled for event logging to work. The event in the screenshot I posted earlier doesn’t have Notifications enabled, and I don’t want to receive notifications for these events - i just want to have them logged to the timeline.

Pete.

It was like that for me before, but now something has changed …
Maybe there is some other global option that is blocking it for me?

I also noticed that notification limits also apply to entries on the timeline. Previously, only this limit was: 100 events per device per day

Looks like a bug. I’ll check.

Yes, that’s a bug introduced during recent refactorings. We’ll fix it. Thanks for the report.

Just as I thought :smile:

The issue with event and timeline as described in this topic still stands…

1 Like

Events stopped appearing on my timeline on Oct 17. I didn’t change anything in code or on website as well.

Which document is about this limitation ? It is include Automations ? Thanks!

Although interestingly another part of the documentation says that it’s 50 rather than 100…

Note that when it talks about “per day” this actually refers to a rolling 24 hour period.

Pete.

1 Like

Hi Pete,

50 is the maximum possible number of different created events.

100 events per day is the limit on the number of sent events.

A notification like this image is an event?
I try to popup some notifications , but after that it is not popup anymore. I must wait ,and it popup again. I dont know why that!