Essential changes to FREE plan!

According to the “Limits” section of the Blynk documentation, it should be possible to create up to 5 events per device template in the free plan. I have an “organisation” with 2 templates with respectively 1 device. The first template has 2 events and the second has 3 events. If I try to create another event for one of the templates, I get the message “You have reached the max number of Events you can create.” So it seems that the limit of 5 events is related to the “organisation” instead of the template. Maybe I’m missing something?
BTW I’m writing in this topic because this happened after the “Essential changes to Free plan”.

1 Like

@Dmitriy could you check it please?

Hi Carlo,

Please note that online and offline events are also taken into account in the limit. So, you can only create 3 new events in one template for the free plan.

Dmitriy from Blynk
blynk.io

Ok, understood. But why is it then not possible to create a third event to my template which now has only 2 events created by myself, in addition to the two standard online/offline events ?

@Carlo1 could be a bug. @DimitryPB please check.

By the way, in these events it is impossible to change the text.
This creates an inconvenience if the application is not used in English.
In addition, regardless of whether the device is connected or disconnected, the text comes the same.

@Carlo1 It’s not reproduced for me, please send a screenshot of the error.

This is the screenshot of the moment just after clicking on “Save and apply” trying to create the “TEST” event, which should become event number 5.

@Carlo1 the error in you screenshot is about count of data streams. that is what about this thread is. you can’t save any changes to the template without reducing the number of data streams to the new limit (10)

1 Like

I am retired, and cannot afford the basic plan because our currency is quite low against the US$. Please consider another plan option below the basic plan, even if it gives a couple more devices and a few more widgets

Hello.

I have a template created before February with more than 10 datastreams.
In the previous conversation, it was explained that editing became impossible and the operation would be normal.

Are you aware that this action is not against the rules?
Are there any plans to deactivate these templates?

If you already have more then 10 data streams created before the changes were introduced, they will continue to work. But if you want to edit them now, you will have to delete those extra once.

You can delete the template. There is no option to activate/deactivate.
But then you will loose all the data streams configured.

Thank you for your reply.
I understood that I can use my template without violation.

I apologize for the difficult sentences.
「Are there any plans to deactivate these templates?」means that Blynk’s policy will remove the FREE PLAN user’s template in the future.

Read back through the previous posts.
Blynk have said that…

Pete.

Thank you for the supplement.

I understood that the template will not be deleted for a while.

Where does the “for a while” part come from?

Pete.

I am sorry to raise a new question.

My poor English is the reason.
It is accurate until the next Blynk change of policy.

All the information that is currently publicly available on the subject is contained within this topic.

If you wish to make assumptions about Blynk’s future policy on this issue then that’s up to you.
But if you’re posting those assumptions on this forum then you should make it clear that this is your assumption - not something that you’ve read here, or something that you know for certain to be true.

Pete.