ESP8266 soft ser.h not found

it shows error as
motor_wifi_bot.ino:6:29: fatal error: ESP8266_SoftSer.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
Error compiling.

Not much to go on here :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I guess the Blynk library isn’t installed, or not installed correctly.

Pete.

I TRIED A LOT
still i’m in same position

can you suggest me a link for esp8266soft ser.h

Okay, according to thgis thread:

and this one:

These libraries used to be included in the Blynk library, but aren’t used anymore, so you can remove or comment out the line that says

#include <ESP8266_SoftSer.h>

Presumably, you’re using a very old sketch that you’ve found from somewhere, so I’m guessing there may be other issues with using it with the current versions of the Blynk library, server and app.

Pete.

2 Likes

thanks a lot
but i got another issue
#include <BlynkSimpleShieldEsp8266_SoftSer.h>
in this…
i cant find this library anywhere

Maybe something is wrong with your IDE… If you don’t want to uninstall it… Try to make a portable version of the Arduino IDE… To make it, simply create a folder called “Portable” under your Arduino IDE installation forlder… usually %PROGRAMFILES%\Arduino\ (with IDE closed)

After that… if you access to your Arduino IDE you get a clean IDE version without any library installed… (don’t worry, if you delete Portable folder you get all back as before you make it portable) Then, reinstall blynk library and anyone you need for your .ino project and try one more time…

You clearly didn’t bother to read the links I sent you, if you had you would have seen this …

vhymanskyy BlynkCo-Founder / Embedded Architect Feb '17

#include <ESP8266_SoftSer.h>
#include <BlynkSimpleShieldEsp8266_SoftSer.h>

are deprecated and removed long time ago.

Pete.

1 Like

You have to use the latest example sketches and the latest library installation.
BlynkSimpleShieldEsp8266_SoftSer.h and ESP8266_SoftSer.h were deprecated and removed > 2 years ago.