I know this has been covered many many times, and I have read many topics on this but I am quite lost still.
I have the Arduino Uno and the ESP connected together properly (I believe). I have run an external 3.3V source to power the ESP and a voltage divider for the TX pin. But I had dramas with getting it to work.
I have since removed the voltage divider for the RX as many reports of running the logic on 5V shouldn’t cause problems. I removed that in case I was creating more problems, and it was difficult with switching the TX and RX around.
I’ve managed to flash the firmware of the ESP to the latest using ESP8266 Flash Downloader. That went well. I then sent the “BareMinimum” sketch to the Arduino and then opened a serial monitor. Sent AT and it returned OK. This is with the RX and RX connected, and TX and TX (pin 0 to RX on esp, and pin 1 to TX on esp. I then set the baud rate on the esp to 9600 as I read that was best for software serial. I had to change the baud rate in the serial monitor to 9600 to see the command returned from the AT command… I then sent the command to connect to my hotspot and it connected there (phone showed device connected, as well as it returning the ip address when asked in the serial monitor. SO all appeared OK. (this has taken me a while to get here mind you, with lots of reading).
SO I moved to the Blynk examples, of which I tried the ESP8266_Shield one. Did the following;
- Set my network and password
- removed the // in front of the software serial part
- set all baud rates (2 places) to 9600 as per the arduino settings and the confirmed baud rate for the esp
- changed the rx pin to 0 and the tx pin to 1, as the default were my digital pins (2 and 3 I think from memory)
- Sent the code and it uploaded, but the serial monitor says ESP not responding.
- The blue light on the esp board flashes like something is happening after the code is uploaded.
- The led for TX and RX on the arduino uno also lights up… But the serial monitor says the ESP is not responding.
I am somewhat lost now. I tried swapping the TX and RX around (so its RX to TX) but that yields the same results. The TX-TX is required for the AT commands when I have uploaded the bareminimum sketch however.
I have also put this on the Arduino forum, as I was already a member there but realised this is probably more helpful here seeing the AT commands work… and I am stuck at the Blynk Sketch.