About a year ago I’ve created a garden watering system that was activatable through the Blynk app. It was all going well until recently the ESP8266 stopped working and I bought a new one to replace it. I flashed the updated firmware and got positive results when typing
AT. Though when I try to run the code I once had, Blynk never manages to come back online on the app.
The problems I’m currently facing are the following:
- ESP8266 is very inconsistent. Sometimes Blynk starts and says
 ESP is not responding, sometimes the ESP responds, tries to connect to wifi, but returns
 Failed to connect WiFi, and sometimes it actually connects to wifi
 Connected to WiFi.
- Whenever the ESP actually manages to connect to the wifi, nothing else happens.
 Connected to WiFiis the last line printed to
Serialand the Blynk app keeps on displaying
A bit more info I have:
- The ESP that worked for this past year was a ESP8266-01S, the one I have now is a ESP8266EX.
- The AT versions were different. The ESP-01S was running
AT version:126.96.36.199(May 11 2016 18:09:56), the current ESPEX is running
AT version:188.8.131.52(May 11 2020 19:13:04)
- I know the ESPEX has no problem at all at connecting to my wifi, and even connecting to the internet. I successfully managed to connect to my wifi every time when trying to
pinggoogle.com on a custom script for the ESPEX.
- It feels like individually, every hardware piece works correctly, but when I connect the ESP to the Arduino Uno and try to connect to Blynk, it doesn’t work as expected. Which means it could either be a Blynk problem (libraries / connection to app), an ESP problem (AT version), or even a problem related to connections (cables).
Any help or guide in the right direction is greatly appreciated!
AT version:184.108.40.206(May 11 2020 19:13:04) SDK version:3.0.4(9532ceb) compile time:May 27 2020 10:12:17 Bin version(Wroom 02):1.7.4 OK