ESP8266 as access point

As far s I know, Netty supports Android.
So, our server could be build to work on any android phone.
@Dmitry, please confirm.

Anyway, this feature is not on our roadmap currently,
so maybe someone from community can look into this…

Porting is possible. But it will not work out of box. Few code changes required. We for sure have no time for this. However this part is open-sourced. So any contributions are welcomed.

I have absolutely no idea where to start, but I might give it a shot. Could you guys give me just a few pointers? I’ll dig into it myself than

It’s not a very simple task - you have to create Android application, and incorporate Blynk server code into it.
BTW, running ESP in ‘server mode’ (like we currently do with BLE support) is also possible and may be easier - and I hope we will get to it soon.

What’s life without a good challenge? LOL. Sounds complicated though. Maybe I should make a “Hello World” Android app first, lmao.

1 Like

You need to know java for that task. As Android JVM (Dalvik) requires java specific code changes.

Well, I did Java a lifetime back, but I think I’ll start with some basic Android knowledge and come back to this later, I have way too much projects around the house to keep up for now. I need to make a serious list of things to do … :confused:

1 Like

You don’t have a job besides helping this community?:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Though I really appreciate what you are doing for us!

1 Like

I do, but software development is getting my attention now. I used to take some Java classes way back in the day, but it’s coming back to me now with Arduino’s and all. I’m just not sure if I want to be a network engineer all my life :wink:

3 Likes

Story of my life lol

@vshymanskyy, any progress on this?
thanks!

I was reading this thread an saw that its getting old or did i missed something? :no_mouth: how is it going with the “offlineblynking” thing

This topic ended “old”, but started “ancient” :stuck_out_tongue:

That is basically handled now with a Local Server. Introduction - Blynk Documentation

However, for further discussion I recommend that you start with your own current topic and clearly express what you are doing, needing, asking, etc.

1 Like