Esp8266(-01) doesn't work

I want to control a servo using bylnk + esp8266 from my android phone. I am just a beginner and this is my first time using esp8266. I am using arduino 1.8.10, bylnk 0.6.1 , esp8266 2.5.0 (because latest versions didn’t even work) and arduino uno(without ATmega328P microcontroller).

ESP-- Arduino UNO
RX ---- RX
TX ---- TX
GND ---- GND
3v3+EN ---- 3.3V
I tried to connect like this one above but i got an error then i tried IO0 to connect GND and esp’s reset pin to GND to reset it. After the reset i was able to upload the code at least but i can’t use it. On the esp only the red light is on but when i upload the code a blue light was blinking. What is wrong with my project? How can i manage to control a servo? I need help please i can’t solve it.

#define BLYNK_PRINT Serial

#include <ESP8266WiFi.h>
#include <BlynkSimpleEsp8266.h>
#include <Servo.h>

char auth[] = "ubWnYY0I6lWkuDcOXD30ZBvHLIo51NM2";

char ssid[] = "TT_ZC9";
char pass[] = "d1d53192";

Servo servo;

BLYNK_WRITE(V3)
{
  servo.write(param.asInt());
}

void setup()
{
  // Debug console
  Serial.begin(9600);

Blynk.begin(auth, ssid, pass);
    servo.attach(9);
}

void loop()
{
  Blynk.run();
}

I’m confused about the role of the Arduino Uno in this setup.
Normally, when people are using an Uno and an ESP8288, the Uno would be the MCU that’s running the code and the ESP would simply be a WiFi modem. In this scenario the ESP (Usually an ESP-01) would be running the factory AT software.
As the Uno only has one serial port (which is used for debugging), the SoftwareSerial library would be used to create a ‘virtual’ serial port that is used to connect to the ESP.
Either way, serial connections are always Rx —> Tx and Tx —> Rx.

Can you explain exactly which ESP board you are using, and what role you see the Uno playing in this equation?

Pete.

1 Like

Firstly thank you for your interest. As i said i am just a beginner and i don’t have any knowledge about electronics and arduino, i am trying to learn it as a hobby but this project is a must for me and i have to do it in this 2 days. All i want to do is to control a servo from anywhere in the world. I have been trying it for almost a week. I’ve googled it, i’ve watched videos and i tried to do what i saw/read. But english is not my native language and it is not perfect ( there is only 1 resource about using esp8266 in my language but it is not what i need). I am having trouble learning arduino as you can see. Basically, i don’t know what i am doing. I need help. Can you please help me finish this project? I do not know what to do. I don’t know what is the role of the arduino uno. I saw people use esp8266 without Uno but they solder some cables and i don’t have a soldering machine so i thought i should do it with arduino Uno.
I use this esp8266 :

Okay, what you have is an ESP-01
To use it as a WiFi modem for an Uno you will need to either re-flash it with the factory AT firmware, or replace it with a new one that hasn’t has a sketch uploaded to it.

There are many topics on this forum about how to connect and use these two devices together. Once you’ve re-flashed or replaced your ESP-01 with a factory fresh one I suggest you search and read.

Pete.