ESP32 showing Blynk Version of 0.5.8 whilst Library is 1.3.2

Morning

Peter has been helping me to date, but just wondering if anyone has a quick solution to the headline issue. So ive updated the blynk library in IDE to the most recent version, but the script isnt using that version when uploading the code. Ive deleted all other Blynk Libraries so it must be embedded somewhere or calling on another operand.

Library version in IDE 1.3.2
Version showing on serial when starting up 0.5.8

And I’ve googled for hours lol.

All help greatly welcomed.

Tony

My guess is that you have Blynk for Chinese installed.
Uninstall it and that should fix the problem.

Pete.

Morning Pete

Ill keep this thread running for others to search for answers in the future. I’ve deleted all libraries other than Blynk in the arduino folder.

I’ve restarted IDE

Is the library drivers stored in the .ino ?., therefore retaining the called information ?.

Ill try a new file and copy the script over to it and let it see if it uses the most recent version of Blynk.

Thanks again mate

Tony

[WiFiClient.cpp:546] connected(): Disconnected: RES: 0, ERR: 128 problem

So Ive started a new file and copied the quick start script into it with the handshake from the Blynk Terminal. So this is a replica of what i had but in a file.

Ill try it on a different board as well to see.

I have no idea what this means!

In the Arduino IDE go to File > Preferences > Show verbose output during: > check both the compilation and upload checkboxes.

When you compile the sketch, towards the end of the compiler messages, you should see these two lines of text…

Using library WiFi at version 2.0.0 in folder: C:\Users\Pete Knight\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\esp32\hardware\esp32\2.0.14\libraries\WiFi 
Using library Blynk at version 1.3.2 in folder: C:\Users\Pete Knight\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Blynk 

If you see anything other than “WiFi at version 2.0.0” and “Blynk at version 1.3.2” then copy those lines of code and post them here (don’t forget the triple backticks!)

Pete.

Handshake is an old phrase for token passing. I’ve just checked the compilation path and as pointed out its picking up the Chinese version, which is embedded in the ESP32 tools directory. Just tidying it up at the moment and will come back.

Pete,

I think I have Blynk on the IDE from about 3 years back and thats whats causing me issues no doubt. Whats the best way to remove the libraries from the ESP directory. Is there a way to remove them through IDE or am i searching the file path from the compilation output.

Am I better at this point upgrading to IDE 2 ?

Whats your thoughts mate.

Tony

If Sketch > Include Library > Manage Libraries doesn’t show Blynk for Chinese as being installed then simply go to the file path shown in the compiler message and delete the folder.

It won’t make any difference, it will inherit the Arduino IDE 1.x.x libraries anyway. Personally, I still run version 1.8.19 of the IDE and it works fine.

Pete.

Blynk for Chinese is showing as installed on my IDE, but theres no way or button to uninstall it Pete.

I was thinking that IDE 2 maybe a better interface…

Its been about 3 years since I was into this last time, so no doubt lots of things have improved for IDE 2

Im on 1.8.19 as well.

Delete it manually then.

There’s no functional benefits as far as I’m aware, other than the fact that 2.x was supposed to support inline debugging with the correct additional hardware. Not sure if that’s been implemented yet, but my experiences with inline debugging and Platform IO and the ESP32 haven’t encouraged to pursue it any further.
You can have both IDE’s installed, but at this stage I’d say that you should probably stick with what you know, rather than adding an additional distraction of a new IDE layout.

Pete.

Pete

I was having a blonde moment, I’ve now deleted the Library directory Blynk sections and I have proof of life which is awesome.

Can you help me with the next stage. Im sending a json string called “postdata”. from one board to the other over lora which im hoping to send up as a data path to the blynk cloud.

Do I need to split out the data and send them individually or is there a section in blynk to allow me to set rules for handling it.

Do I write the json to a virtual pin as a string.

Getting there slowly, but still moving forward.

Thanks for your help to date which has allowed me to keep moving.

Tone

Yes, that’s probably the best way.

It depends on the type of data. If it’s numeric then I think you’re better sending it as a float or integer, and set your datastreams up accordingly - it gives you more flexibility that when when it comes to building your UI.

Pete.