Esp32 login timeout

Hi, I am a new user. I’ve followed the instructions on the Blynk quickstart instructions. But I am getting “connecting to blynk.cloud:80 login timeout” I am trying to connect a esp32 devkit v1.

Hello, @Studmuffin please provide your full sketch

Hi, Thanks for your reply. The sketch is the quick start as send in the getting started email.
The forum won’t let me post the sketch, it says “as a new user you can’t post more than two links” I think for some reason the system thinks i’m trying to post web links?? but the sketch is the getting started sketch as sent from blynk in the getting started email. I have not altered it at all apart from entering my wifi ssid and password.

Do you have the latest version of the Blynk library (1.2.0) installed?
Do you have the latest version of the ESP32 core installed?

I’ve got the Blynk library 1.2.0 and ESP32 by Espressif systems 2.0.6.

Have you tried to manually create a template and device instead of using Quickstart?

This happens when you don’t put triple backticks at the beginning and end of your sketch. The forum doesn’t know that you are trying to post code unless you tell it, with the triple backticks.

Triple backticks look like this:
```

Try changing this line:

#include <BlynkSimpleEsp32.h>

to this:

#include <BlynkSimpleEsp32_SSL.h>

This will force the sketch to use port 443 rather than port 80. It’s possible that your ISP blocks some outbound traffic on port 80

Pete.

1 Like

Thank you very much, this worked.

1 Like

@Oleksii-QA there have been a couple of these in the last day or two. It might be worth changing the QuickStart sketch to use SSL for those devices that support it.

Pete.

1 Like