ESP32 Internal Sensors

I took delivery of 4 x Wemos ESP-WROOM-32’s a few days ago.

Since then I’ve been trying to find out as much as I can about ESP-WROOM32’s and I’m surprised to find they actually have 4 cores not 2, plus internal “Hall” and “Temperature” sensors.

Yes, two completely free sensors to play with. :heart_eyes:

So after a day or two of Googling and my very limited understanding of coding I’ve finally managed to access both internal sensors and display the values on my phone via the Blynk app.

I’m so pleased with myself I’ve cracked open a beer. :beers:

Edit. Forgot to add the code … :joy:

#define BLYNK_PRINT Serial

#include <WiFi.h>
#include <WiFiClient.h>
#include <BlynkSimpleEsp32.h>

char auth[] = "";
char ssid[] = "";
char pass[] = "";

int measurement = 0;

#ifdef __cplusplus
extern "C" {
#endif
uint8_t temprature_sens_read();
#ifdef __cplusplus
}
#endif
uint8_t temprature_sens_read();

BlynkTimer timer;

void setup()
{
  // Debug console
  Serial.begin(9600);

Blynk.begin(auth, ssid, pass);

timer.setInterval(1000L, myTimerEvent);
}

void myTimerEvent()
{
  measurement = hallRead();
  Blynk.virtualWrite(V5, measurement);
  Blynk.virtualWrite(V6, (temprature_sens_read() - 32) / 1.8);
}

void loop()
{
  Blynk.run();
  timer.run();
}
3 Likes

Don’t try to do anything more complex than that with the ESP32 :slight_smile:

That simple little sketch took me two days. If it were any more complex I’d be “pushing up daisy’s” before I managed to finish … :joy:

Why, do they explode ? :wink:

Yes… they are flaky and untested… cannot possibly do anything more with them at all… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

@Shadeyman PS that hall sensor seems to work best from under the board… silly place to put it :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

There is also built in capacitive touch sensor capability on some of the pins :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That’s right.

Someone asked me today what I thought of them and I told him I have 3 that I never use.
Did some work with one of them about 6 months ago but it will be some time before I work on them again.

I’ve just started messing around with that, haven’t quite got it yet but i’ll get there …

Mine have an 18650 cell attached to the rear so its definitely a silly place … :persevere:

I’m fascinated by them, why are you not keen on them?

You have my address :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

When they released the MCU “nowt worked”.

There’s not much out there for them at the moment, not that I can find anyway. But it is getting better, stuff appearing all the time. They’re the “new kid on the block” hopefully support for them will catch up with demand soon.

This guy is doing some interesting stuff with ESP32… I am looking forward to seeing if that little camera module you are sending me will work like in one of his videos… might not be the right type though… will see.

1 Like

That’s true but what would I do with 999,980,000 PCB’s I have for the Mini?

1 Like

How about this? :wink:

1 Like

That’s it… I am moving…

They are bare PCB’s.

Haven’t posted it all off yet, just waiting for a couple of extra bits to be delivered. :wink:

:joy:

If anyone can make use of them Gunner can …

Barmaids deliver? Must be nice… cold beer and Arduino boards, home delivered :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

@Gunner I still have your address and GPS fix :slight_smile:
In my dreams I ordered a board for each ESPproMon token (1bn) but I have only released 20K to the Exchange. At just over $1 a piece my portfolio was up about $100m this week until BTC crashed earlier today with the news of a major Exchange “hack” and some SEC FUD.

At the bottom I was probably down $300m+ on the week but BTC has rallied to be just 6% down in the last hour so maybe -$100m. “Hack” looks to have been contained and transactions are being reversed as we “speak”.

Where do you store that many boards ?

I store them at @Gunner’s place :slight_smile:

1 Like

:joy::joy: