Esp32 dim light power supply problem

My esp32 is of 32 pins. It was connexted to 4 sensors. I tried to power esp32 with 5V and 1 Ampere adapter. When i connect that adapter to VINNpin and Ground pin then esp32 not on. I measure voltage at terminals it was 0v. Adapter was on. But esp32 is not. I removed adaptrr connected using USB it gets on working using USB. I tried again it did nothing using adapter. After that when I again tried using USB then esp32 lights become dimmed and on VIN pin there is only 2.5 volts and on 3v3 pin it is 1.9 volts. What is damage in esp32. Any help.

If you’re using some sort of ESP32 Devkit board then the second pin up from the bottom left hand corner (next to the 5v or Vin pin) might not be a ground pin. It’s probably the GPIO11 pin and may be labelled CMD or sometimes mislabeled as GND.
There are normally two or three other GND pins, and you should use one of these.

It sounds like you may have damaged the voltage regulator chip, ir possibly the ESP32 chip. Generally speaking, it’s usually cheaper to buy a new ESP32 board than attempting repairs, unless you happen to have a replacement voltage regulator already, and the skills/equipment to replace it yourself.

Pete.

I used ground next to 3v3. If i use new esp32 then what is procedure to operate using adapter 5v Ampere. How will be connections.

It depends on the exact model of ESP32 board you are using.

Is that a typo? Did you mean 3.3v or 5v ?

Pete.

Yes 3.3v

You should post details of the exact ESP32 board you are using.

Pete.

Okay, I’m not familiar with that particular board. I use the ESP32 Devkit V4 which has a different layout.

Pete.

Ok thanks.