ESP32 always identifies as Arduino in Serial Output

I have noticed that my ESP32 (Wemos Lolin32, Chip rev 0) always identified as an Arduino?? (poor confused MCU :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: ) in any Serial Monitor output.

I use 0.5.0 (clean install) and keep my ESP Git updates current, use the WEMOS LOLIN32 setting in the IDE and of course I use BlynkSimpleEsp32.h in my sketches.

Might explain why my Blynk projects on my ESP always seem slower than the identical projects on ESP8266 (which DO identify correctly).

And no, not a faulty Speed setting… my ESP IS running at the much higher 240 MHz speed then a ESP8266.

Any ideas, anyone?

I don’t think I could possibly be the only one using an ESP32 with Blynk :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Does your ESP32 properly identify as such (ESP32) in the serial monitor?

Does your ESP32 run noticeably faster than a little old ESP8266 running the same sketch?

Well, thanks for all the feedback, it was overwelming :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Turns out that the Blynk libraries are getting confused when I program my Wemos Lolin32 with the IDE setting… wait for it… WEMOS LOLIN32… then Blynk thinks I am using an Arduino. Silly Blynk.

But if I just use the generic ESP32 Dev Module setting instead, then I get my peace of mind back :smiley: