ESP_WiFiManager_Lite (Light Weight Credentials / WiFiManager for ESP32/ESP8266)
Why do we need this ESP_WiFiManager_Lite library
If you have used one of the full-fledge WiFiManagers such as :
and have to write complicated callback functions to save custom parameters in SPIFFS/LittleFS/EEPROM, you’d appreciate the simplicity of this Light-Weight Credentials / WiFiManager.
This is a Credentials / WiFi Connection Manager for ESP32 and ESP8266 boards, permitting the addition of custom parameters to be configured in Config Portal. The parameters then will be saved automatically, without the complicated callback functions to handle data saving / retrieving.
You can also specify DHCP HostName, static AP and STA IP. Use much less memory compared to full-fledge WiFiManager. Config Portal will be auto-adjusted to match the number of dynamic custom parameters. Credentials are saved in LittleFS, SPIFFS or EEPROM.
The web configuration portal, served from the
ESP32/ESP8266 WiFi is operating as an access point (AP) with configurable static IP address or use default IP Address of 192.168.4.1
New recent features:
- MultiWiFi feature for configuring/auto(re)connecting ESP32/ESP8266 WiFi to the available MultiWiFi APs at runtime.
- Multi/DoubleDetectDetector feature to force Config Portal when multi/double reset is detected within predetermined time, default 10s.
- Powerful-yet-simple-to-use feature to enable adding dynamic custom parameters from sketch and input using the same Config Portal. Config Portal will be auto-adjusted to match the number of dynamic parameters.
- Optional default Credentials as well as Dynamic parameters to be optionally autoloaded into Config Portal to use or change instead of manually input.
- Dynamic custom parameters to be saved automatically in non-volatile memory, such as LittleFS, SPIFFS or EEPROM..
- Configurable Config Portal Title to be either BoardName or default undistinguishable names.
- Examples are designed to separate Credentials / Defines / Dynamic Params / Code so that you can change Credentials / Dynamic Params quickly for each device.
- Control Config Portal from software or Virtual Switches
- To permit autoreset after configurable timeout if DRD/MRD or non-persistent forced-CP
- Use new ESP32 LittleFS features
Currently supported Boards
This ESP_WiFiManager_Lite library currently supports these following boards:
- Initial release to support ESP32 and ESP8266.
Config Portal screens:
- Input Credentials:
- After pressing Save button