VCC -----> 3.3V
CHPD -----> 3.3V
GND-----> GND
TX -----> pin2

Here is my code:

#define BLYNK_PRINT Serial

#include <ESP8266_Lib.h>
#include <BlynkSimpleShieldEsp8266.h>

// You should get Auth Token in the Blynk App.
// Go to the Project Settings (nut icon).
char auth[] = "b3b24808fc5d474b93ab50b01f6ad26a";

// Your WiFi credentials.
// Set password to "" for open networks.
char ssid[] = "notyourwifi";
char pass[] = "wedonthavewifi";

// Hardware Serial on Mega, Leonardo, Micro...
//#define EspSerial Serial1

// or Software Serial on Uno, Nano...
#include <SoftwareSerial.h>
SoftwareSerial EspSerial(2, 3); // RX, TX

// Your ESP8266 baud rate:
#define ESP8266_BAUD 9600

ESP8266 wifi(&EspSerial);

void setup()
{
  // Debug console
  Serial.begin(9600);

// Set ESP8266 baud rate
  EspSerial.begin(ESP8266_BAUD);
  delay(10);

Blynk.begin(auth, wifi, ssid, pass);

}

void loop()
{
  Blynk.run();
  // You can inject your own code or combine it with other sketches.
  // Check other examples on how to communicate with Blynk. Remember
  // to avoid delay() function!
}

But I am keep getting this error

[9] 
    ___  __          __
   / _ )/ /_ _____  / /__
  / _  / / // / _ \/  '_/
 /____/_/\_, /_//_/_/\_\
        /___/ v0.4.10 on Arduino Uno

[592] Connecting to notyourwifi
[1606] ESP is not responding

Please help me, I tried everything and I can’t get it to work.

I’m not sure if it’s a typo, but your esp’s RX and TX should be connected to pins 2 and 3. You stated it’s connected to pins 1 and 2 in the Arduino. Also RX from esp goes to TX on arduino and TX from esp goes to RX on arduino.

1 Like

You code expects pins 2 & 3 for RX/TX but you say you have connected to 1 & 2 instead.

Also, in case you are doing so, don’t draw the 3.3v power from the Arduino… it probably will not have the current necessary for the ESP. Use a dedicated 3.3v PSU or regulator.

That was a typo mistake;
Tx-------> 2
Rx------->3

But I still get error

And you will until the situation is resolved :stuck_out_tongue:

Check power… that is one of the most common issues, and one I just ran into myself. Just because the LEDs light up doesn’t mean it is getting all the current it needs when running the WiFi

I tried plugging the esp to another 3.3V power supply didn’t work, and I think the system has power but I am still getting the same error. Can someone help!!!
[9]
___ __ __
/ _ )/ /_ _____ / /__
/ _ / / // / _ / '/
/
//_, /////_
/
__/ v0.4.10 on Arduino Uno

[592] Connecting to notyourwifi
[1606] ESP is not responding

No need for repeated calls for “help!!!”… we are trying to hep, but we are not you, and are not sitting in front of the device looking at, what to us, might be the obvious issue.

Interfacing an ESP to an Arduino requires:

Valid AT firmware & BAUD rate settings - default ESP setting is 115200, but that is too fast for SoftwareSerial, so it first needs to be re-programmed for 9600. You will need to Google the various methods for doing that, depending on the hardware you have available: i.e. TTL-USB adapter, or reconfigure an Arduino to temporarily act as one.

Dedicated ESP power & current - 3.3v 1A supply

Proper RX-TX connections - Including, debatably, the proper current shifting method between the Arduino’s 5v TX and the ESPs 3.3v RX.

Only after all that is done and confirmed, can you attempt to interface your Arduino to Blynk’s server via the ESP, without error.

There is a reason it is recommended for new users to just go and get a Wemos D1 Mini or other NodeMCU type Development Board as an independent MCU, instead of hacking an Arduino… (starting to sound like @Costas here :stuck_out_tongue: )

3 Likes

Most people use a 5v to 3.3v regulator like the LD1117 to power the esp from an arduino instead of the 3.3v pin on the arduino. And Like gunner said, you will also need logic level conversion on your RX TX lines. I happen to like this little guy because it does both and you only need to connect 5v, GND, RX and TX lines from arduino. You just can’t use it to flash code to the ESP.

If you’re using a separate 3.3v power supply you will need to tie the ground of that power supply and the arduino’s ground together or you could have problems.

I found the following site very helpful in getting my ESP-01 up an running for the first time. Then you can start connecting to Blynk.

https://www.geekstips.com/esp8266-arduino-tutorial-iot-code-example/

1 Like

Please connect your ESP Rx pin to TX of Arduino & vice versa.

Whenever there is no connection between Arduino & ESP this type of error will show.

Regards,
Ravindra Prajapti

@Ravindra this is a year old topic :stuck_out_tongue: Please make note of time/date stamps before posting. Thanks.