Editable property for widgets

Hi,

I need to allow or not allow user to edit some inputs : read only, or read/write mode.
in read only mode, the value is displayed but not editable
in read/write mode, the value is displayed and editable

Using the ‘isDisabled’ property of the widget does the trick for most widgets, but not for the text input widget : when text input widget is disabled, the field value is hidden with dashes ‘–’

others widgets like switches, menu, etc… show their value any state isDisabled property is, so the input text widget is the only one with different behaviour

is it possible to have the same behaviour of isDisabled property for all widgets (disabled but showing value) ?

in case backwards compatibility is required, is it would be great to have a new ‘isEditable’ property (value is always visible, any kind of widget it is)

thanks a lot
Bruno

1 Like

Good suggestion. We will discuss this change and how to handle it correctly.

1 Like

We will fix this behavior for text input for now - it will be grayed out but with value.

Maybe, at some point, this disabled UI logic will be incorporated into widgets settings.

1 Like

Thank you for the good news !
Bruno

Hi, do you have an expected date to apply this update ?
Thanks
Bruno

I think it was already released, which app version do you have?

Hi,

android : 1.14.4 (170)
disabled text input is dashed
enabled text input is not editable

ios : 3.6.6 (1)
disabled text input is dashed
enabled text input is editable with correct value, can be shorted but not changed

I will verify that it will get into the next update - 1.15.0 with some new cool features. We will provide new version in the first half of January.

1 Like

Today I updated to android version 1.15.0 (177) :

• disabled input text fields show now correct value when disabled, but field is still not editable : after setting isDisabled to 0, field is not grayed anymore as expected, but it is not possible to enter edit mode and get the virtual keyboard, unless you exit the tab and re-enter again into it
  • when editor is entered, and virtual keyboard is shown :
  • tapping outside of the edited field does hide virtual keyboard as expected
  • virtual keyboard hides input field if it is on the botton of the screen (a scroll-up would be expected to show the edited field)
    can you please check ?
    thanks a lot
1 Like

thanks for reporting back.

Yep, i will check this issues. Just in case, attach also your Android OS version.

thank you, it is Android 12

1 Like

I’ve reproduced the input field enabled but not editable bug. I think it will be fixed soon. I will update this thread when the new version is uploaded.

In the keyboard overlapping the input field - can you PM me a screenshot of your dashboard?