BLYNK
HOME       📲 GETTING STARTED       📗 DOCS       ❓HELP CENTER       👉 SKETCH BUILDER

Dynamic Auth Token Provisioning

Good morning.
I struggle to understand what I can do without paying a subscription plan.

I can do “Dynamic Auth Token Provisioning” ?

My board are SAMD zero based, with ESP01 as wifi modem.

I assume i should use “ESP8266 WiFi shield”
But I don’t find this on dynamic provisioning.

And, other question.
If I use app token, and not “device selector/tile”
When I share my project, other people has new token or same token ? Or can change token?

For have 10/100 token, need to pay it ?

0 Likes

Is this something you’re creating for personal use, or as part of a solution that you’re hoping to sell?
If it’s for personal use, it that domestic use, or part of a business that you’re running?

Pete.

1 Like

I sell my cards to anyone, without firmware.
I need to understand how blynk works to explain it to my clients.
However it is unthinkable that a customer who has 10 cards pays $ 100 a month to use the app.
It is not important to have an app on the play store, it is fine to use the blynk app

0 Likes

What do your customers/clients use the cards for?

Pete.

0 Likes

If you would like your cards to work with an app, you, as a manufacturer could enroll into a subscription plan. This will give you additional selling point and provide your customers with remote monitoring and control features, which is an expected item on the list these days.

Monetization strategy in IoT is usually straightforward unless you have something creative in mind:

1. Include platform cost into the hardware. This is pretty common. You would need to evaluate approximate life span of the hardware and plan accordingly.
  2. Charge customers a fee, wether a recurring or one-time.

Unfortunately, Blynk apps can’t be used commercially. You need your own apps.

We are also working on a new product for low-volume manufacturers like you to match your business goals.

By the way, you have a great product. If you are interested in a partnership offer - get in touch with us at iot@blynk.cc

0 Likes

I don’t know what my clients are doing, and maybe 10% might be interested in the app, but nobody gets more than 10 cards a year.

0 Likes

Ok

Then other my question ?

Without having an app, can I try dinamyc provisioning?
Using ESP01 as modem on SAMD CPU ?

0 Likes

You can try Dynamic Provisioning by creating App Preview.

Use App Preview in Blynk App

1. Download Blynk app for iOS or Android
  2. Go to Home Screen -> My Apps -> Create New App
  3. Follow the instructions in the app to create App Preview
  4. Firmware and code templates can be found here.
  5. Check comments in Settings.h to configure various parameters
  6. Flash your hardware with the firmware
  7. Go to Blynk app - My Apps - Your app - Press Play Icon
0 Likes

There is no example of a CPU with a serial modem connected (ESP8266 modem, not ESP8266 CPU)

0 Likes

Because the ESP8266 as shield (simple Serial-WiFi Transceiver using AT mode) cannot have all the fansnassy WiFi functions be as easily controlled (if at all) as when utilising a full ESP8266 MCU.

Basically, you must use the proper tool for the job.

0 Likes

Hi @Pavel

I wrote to the email but received no reply.
I have distributors in America for my products, but not for Arduino ones.
I would be very interested in sending my PLCs to America, but you should implement Dynamic Provisioning for ESP-01 as Serial modem.

0 Likes

I’ve never tried Blynk’s Dynamic provisioning, but I do use WiFiManager from time to time.

The issue, certainly as far as Wi-FiManagers concerned, is that it can’t be used with an ESP-01 in AT Modem mode. It relies on the ESP8266’s functionality to create a captive portal and store the credentials that are entered in the ESP-01’s SPIFFS or NVRAM memory. It’s not currently possible to write that data into the Arduino’s NVRAM, and isn’t likely to be possible when running standard AT firmware on the ESP-01.

To make dynamic provisioning work in this scenario then I think the Arduino would need to act as a web server to create the static portal, which gets quite complex from the Arduino’s perspective, certainly with limited memory available.
If it is technically possible then it could just as easily be implemented by a competent programmer as it could by building it in to the Blynk library.

Pete.

0 Likes

AVRs have the EEPROM which can contain the same thing that you put in SPIFFS
My board use SAMD ARM CPUs, much more powerful than AVR, with lots of data writable flash.
I’m not a software developer, I’m a hardware engineer.
But saving data is certainly the last problem.

0 Likes

Yes, I’m aware of that, but the ESP-01 acting as an AT modem can’t write to the AVR’s EEPROM.

So what you’re looking for is a solution that works with your board, but that may be too much for the standard Uno/Mega hardware? If that’s the case then it’s hardly likely to attract a developer to do some work on that niche requirement.

The new version of Blynk will apparently use a different form of dynamic provisioning and device management. Whether that will help your scenario is something I don’t know.

Pete.

0 Likes

I can’t find your email. Could you please resend to iot@blynk.cc ?

0 Likes

Sent email.
I can’t find how to send you pm

0 Likes

@Pavel
I have sent you a mail !! But no reply !!
have you received my mail or not ?

0 Likes