Duplicating Drop Down Menu Widget

Hello all,

When I copy/duplicate a drop down menu widget and try to apply it to a new datastream, all the existing options are removed… My menu has 56 options, and renaming all of them 13 times would be quite tedious, is there a way around this?

Best,

M

You used to be able to do this with the setProperty command in Legacy. Have you tried this in Blynk IoT?

Pete.

Hi @PeteKnight,

I assume you mean following this doc

This seems really backwards, setting properties of the dashboard from the device, I am sure there is logic but I don’t pretend to understand it.

I also don’t understand why all of the mobile widgets aren’t available on the web dashboard, I need many of them there…

Is there a place to request such things? Should I put in a ticket?

Best,

M

So you want to avoid having to manually have to create the menu items within the app, but you don’t want to do it via code or the API?
I’m not sure what other method you envisage would facilitate this?

They are different platforms, using different development tools, and different technology to deliver the results.
The web dashboard will never be able to replicate the app functionality, and in many ways it wouldn’t make sense to try.
I’m sure there is a development program in place to add more web widget functionality, but this is most likely driven by the needs of business customers.

If you’re a business user then I’d guess that it’s something to discuss with your account manager.

Pete.

Thank you @PeteKnight,

Well via the same interface you use to add datastreams and widgets and everything else, I am unsure of the benefit of being able to copy a widget if it doesn’t retain all of it’s assets? May as well just add a new widget, no?

In my opinion, Parity is important and as I am offering this as a front end to my clients, I think that they would expect the same functionality when they log in at their desktops as they have on their phones.

Ok, will do.

Incidentally @PeteKnight, are you being remunerated by Blynk? It seems like you spend a lot of time on here helping folk and from your recent posts you don’t appear to be enjoying it very much… Perhaps you should take a break or something?

Best,

M

Also @PeteKnight,

Are you the same Peter Knight that wrote the dmxsimple.h library?

Best,

M

No, but like other forum regulars I do get a free PRO account subscription.

More than happy to take a break from responding to your posts if you wish.

No

Pete.

1 Like