Digital pin and analog pin without using virtual pin

HI Guys,

Need some clarification, can I run my arduino on Analog pin or Digital pin without using virtual PIN? Should I remove WidgetLED or change the led1 into D2 rather then V1. Thank you for you support

WidgetLED led1(V1);

BlynkTimer timer;

// V1 LED Widget is blinking
void blinkLedWidget()
{
  if (led1.getValue()) {
    led1.off();
    SwSerial.println("LED on V1: off");
  } else {
    led1.on();
    SwSerial.println("LED on V1: on");
  }
}

void setup()
{
  // Debug console
  SwSerial.begin(9600);

// Blynk will work through Serial
  // Do not read or write this serial manually in your sketch
  Serial.begin(9600);
  Blynk.begin(Serial, auth);

timer.setInterval(1000L, blinkLedWidget);
}

void loop()
{
  Blynk.run();
  timer.run();
}

Yes but over time you should find virtual pins much more powerful than digital pins. Some Blynk features only work with virtual pins.

Haja. What are you trying to do?

Not sure if he has questions like me. Not everything is going to be controlled by Blynk. For instance I want to read a digital/analog pin on the Arduino only and do some control or decision making. That information may at some point go to the Blynk app of course. I guess it’s what the proper way of doing that now?

Blynk is a library that is integrated into your sketch…

While Blynk needs to be running, via Blynk.run() in order to facilitate any App/Server/vPin Requirements, it doesn’t “need” to control every direct GPIO or logic aspect of your code. You can easily have dedicated timers/functions/interrupts that do things without ever sharing data/control with the App… just by programming them as normal into your overall sketch. You just need to take into account the reguirments for non-blocking code.

1 Like

Awesome. Thanks Gunner. I knew you would be on it. lol