Different button options/sizes?

Would be great if there were choices for button sizes. The default one is pretty large and a smaller one, for example equally sized as an LED widget would offer greater flexibility when screen space becomes limited.

1 Like

I agree with @hbierau

Weā€™d rather increase the real estate. Itā€™s unlikely that button will become smaller.

Resizable - yes, but with min size like current one. Itā€™s all about usability.

Well, i slightly disagrre with You, Pavel. I know Blynk is designed for smartphone, not for tablets, but yes, I tried to launch it on hi-res 10" tablet and the resulting size of EVERYTHING was justā€¦ ehmā€¦letā€™s just say ā€œhugeā€ and ā€œnot so niceā€. While I could accept large 16x2 LCD display, I just CANā€™T accept a HUUUGE pushbutton taking soo much spaceā€¦ On 5" everything is very well balanced (and yes - the pushbutton size is just as it should be), but on larger screenā€¦ oh no! :slightly_smiling:
As a note, I really miss the compatibility with larger screens. A kind of control-panel based on cheap android tablet, with large wokspace is my dreamā€¦:yum:

Wel, tablet is a zoomed version of Blynk. We never even optimized it for big screens. So itā€™s a whole different story

Hi Pavel,

Just wondering if you have reconsidered offering smaller buttons?

The reason I ask is everyone that everyone that uses my project for the first time tries to ā€˜pressā€™ the LED widgets to toggle them on and off. I have to explain to them that the LED is a display only widget and not an input. It would be great if they could also be an input device like a button.

The other option would be to have Buttons the size of the LED widgets.

Regards
Nick Murray

Thanks for your feedback, @NickMurray.

Accordingly to multiple usability researches there is a minimum recommended touch square size. So Iā€™m not planning to make buttons smaller. Only bigger :slight_smile:

Re the LED, thatā€™s interesting. I think that primary reason for this is cultural. We, makers and engineers consider LED a common thing, a great statis indicator, however in real products they take different shape. And putting LED on a screen can be confusing. Maybe then itā€™s better to use Value Display as a textual indicator?

Also, since button widget can be controlled from hardware, you can use it as an input and as an indicator?

Thanks for your reply, @Pavel

Its your product so your choice on button sizes.

Thanks for your idea for using a value display as a textual indicator, this could work better for me as users will be less likely to try and use that as an input.

Yes, I already do this but because of the large size of the button I canā€™t fit enough of them on the dashboard for the projects needs. The ideal solution for me would be smaller buttons but, If that is not going to happen I will work around it.

I must say that i support the request for smaller buttons , on the size of a led.
With an ipad , it will be much nicer.

1 Like

I would definitely support a tablet version with more space, but I agree with @Pavel here that the buttons are pretty much at there minimum size. Especially with big claws like mine, lol. I bought the biggest phone my money could buy just to avoid small touch areaā€™s. :slight_smile:

Blynk wasnā€™t designed for iPad and tablets.

Some day when Blynk will be a huge company )