Device Change to Config Mode

Hello, friends.
I have dozens of devices working fine with Blynk IoT using Blynk Edgent, provisioned through Blynk IoT App.
Yesterday, one of them suddenly turned into config mode for no apparent reason.
Is there a way to revert this and make device return to operation mode?
I don´t have local access to this device.

Hello. If you don’t have a local access, how do yo know it is into a config mode?

The reset button is configured for an interrupt, and I guess you may be getting some interference with this signal.

@Dmitriy, user reported that blue led is blinking as in config mode. Device is offline since.
@vshymanskyy, can I change to operation state pressing reset or rebooting device?
Thanks.

Once the reset button is pressed for 10 seconds, the wifi credentials will be erased from the flash and then the device reboots and starts in AP mode.

So again rebooting the device won’t help because the credentials are already erased. So only way is to configure it again.

This is what i have experienced with my device while experimenting.

The way this should work is :

If the reset button is pressed(by mistake or deliberately) the device should reboot without erasing the credentials. If the user inputs a new credentials then the current data should be erased and new data must be written.

If this doesn’t happen say within a couple of minutes, the device should reboot with the old credentials and try to connect to the network.

With little bit of coding this is possible may be.
I had seen similar thing going on wifimanager a long ago. But unable to find it on my pc.

2 Likes